Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who Here Knows What Their Serum Creatinine Level Is?

N-10-CITY

i.e. What was your creatinine level at the last time you had blood work done?

A little personal history:

To make a long and painful story short - Last year I lacerated my right kidney in a game during training camp prior to Nationals (Softball). After a week in the hospital my kidney swelled up against my right lung and my bowel. My lung collapsed, my bladder was constricted and I had an emergency nephrectomy (they took the damaged kidney out).
After an additional 2 weeks in the hospital and having lost some 30lbs due to severe atrophy resulting from laying flat on my back without moving for 3 weeks I finally got to go home; just waiting for my incision to heal so I could get back in the gym.:)
I went to my obligatory Renal Dietician meeting and was told that with just the one kidney I'd have to cut my protein intake down to about 65g a day. I nodded, smiled, and left knowing full well that I'd continue to consume my usual 200-300g of protein a day.

Well, earlier this week I had some blood tests done and the results came in today: Creatinine - 160 umol/L.
Now you don't lose a kidney and get a degree in kinesiology without learning a few things about typical creatinine levels and normal kidney function, but I'm curious - If you do know what your creatinine level is or was the last time you had a blood test please post it here. I'd like to see what typical bodybuilders have for a serum creatinine level with our elevated protein intake so I can compare my single kidney function and protein intake with that of normal kidney function and high protein intake.

Thanks for your time.

I guess I should convert my value that's in umol/L to mg/dL since most of you guys are in the USA and that's what unit your value will be in.

To convert umol/L to mg/dL multiply by 0.0113

So my 160 umol/L is ~ 1.81 mg/dL

Creatinine 0.9 mg/dl -<1.3 - 5 mos. after a cycle, so i was clean.
Biscuit...

Last edited:
My creatinine level from a 24 hour urine test was about a month ago 3758 mg/24 hours.. how would i convert this.. im worried because i think its kinda high and been having kidney pain on the left side

Just do a search online for either 24-hour urine creatinine test or creatinine clearance test to find the standard values for men.

Here's some info:

"The total amount of creatinine excreted in urine in a 24 hour period is called creatinine clearance.During renal failure, diminished glomerular filtration occurs thus increasing the secretion of creatinine. In chronic renal failure and uremia becomes very severe, an eventual reduction occurs in the excretion of creatinine by both the glomeruli and the tubules.
Decreases by 10% per decade after age 40 years whereas serum creatinine shows little variation.

**Used to assess renal function and creatinine excretion. Used to monitor the progression of renal disease
Elevated values = muscular dystrophy paralysis, anemia, leukemia hyperthyroidism
Decreased values = glomerulonephritis, CHF, acute tubular necrosis, shock , polycystic kidney disease, dehydration"

Top Bottom