Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight Lifting for Women

She should be hitting every muscle group just using less weight and high reps with little rest between sets to keep her HR up if she wants to cut.

I don't see any reason why a woman would want to use any higher reps than a guy (unless you're talking about the guy in the original post, that I could see). Cutting is mostly about diet and cardio, but lean muscle mass is built the same way in both sexes (minus some obvious hormonal differences of course).

Last edited:
I don't see any reason why a woman would want to use any higher reps than a guy (unless you're talking about the guy in the original post, that I could see). Cutting is mostly about diet and cardio, but lean muscle mass is built the same way in both sexes (minus some obvious hormonal differences of course).

The high rep thing was in regard to the cutting part to keep HR up. Not gonna be able to keep a high HR is you are doing max sets of 1 or 3.

We get lady sized traps and they are a part of the back musculature.

I don't do a huge amount for traps either as mine grow quite quickly, but I still do them as not training one muscle group can lead to muscle imbalances and injuries.

:)

Aggree. She gets her trap exercises more indirectly from barbell bent over rows and deads.

heres a good link to get her started-

training

Ive always trained w/guys so my lifts are what they do. I work in the 10-12 rep range (except squats & deads are 5 sets @ 5,5,5,3,3 reps/set).

M-
squats
SLDLs
lunges
military press
lat raises
rear delt

W-
Incline press
dips
incline db flyes
CG press
skulls

F-
Deads
Chins
Rows
BB curls
incline db curls

This routine on the 8-12 rep range with rest between sets around 45-60 seconds can do wonders with boys and girls, specially with the endomorphic type.

Top Bottom