Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Vitamins...GNC???

S

Stiffler

My girlfriend is running out of vitamins and she is getting ready to buy some more. She has been taking tohse crap ass centrums, I'm trying to get her to take a vit. thats more geared towards bodybuilding, and shes a little broke. my question is do you think those generic ones from GNC are worth anything or is there something somebody can recomend??? thanks alot

Twinlab Daily one is pretty good- high quality, caps easy to swallow if she has trouble getting tablets down. There is not really a vitamin geared toward BB that I'm aware of. Giving attention to diet the way BB & fitness people do (quality proteins, vegies, non-processed foods, etc..), we already get more vitamins than most of the general population (not meaning she doesn't need a vit, btw- just threw in a little cheerleading for our side)

I think twinlab is crap personally, but I'm sure it varies from product to product that they sell- that's part of the problem. Optimum Nutrition makes some good stuff.

I take 1500-200mgs of vit C
600mg of vit E
500mg calcium Cause I have a bone that is broke and healing.
2 mega man vit
250 mg of B-12

I would tend to avoid GNC. Even if the product is what they say it is, my experience is that they are going to charge a whole lot more than what you could get it for on the internet or by mail-order even if you factor in shipping.

Twin-lab's products are well tested and you can be sure that the contents are what they say they are. Naturally, as the saying goes "results may vary" but the ingredients are all as listed. Check www.netrition.com for some pretty good prices on their products.

I use a product called NEH/Bioenhance from Life Enhancement (http://www.life-enhancement.com/displayprod.asp?ID=56) This is a very good multi but there are two drawbacks. Your girlfriend will have to take an iron supplement and the product is designed to be taken in three daily doses of four or five capsules each but it has darn near everything you can think of in it.

If she has a problem with taking hand-fulls of caps, she should look at some of the Twin-lab three-per-day or one-per-day products. They are light-years ahead of the grocery store brands.

You also might check www.life-services.com. They make some good products and are have a large number of products that are geared toward body building.

Top Bottom