Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Upping Your Bench Question

cwick0 said:
How many times you bench a week is entirely dependent upon your splits. I train 5-6 days a week, so once a week of chest is enough.

NOTE: DECLINE WILL NOT YIELD A BIG CHEST. Focus on incline and flat!

newsflash... a big chest does not equal a big bench... the title of this thread is "upping your bench", not "how do i get a bigger chest".
this thread is NOT about chest size. its about BENCHING MORE.

Sugarplum said:
newsflash... a big chest does not equal a big bench... the title of this thread is "upping your bench", not "how do i get a bigger chest".
this thread is NOT about chest size. its about BENCHING MORE.

REALLY.
Hence that is why i am trying to help you. Chest is by far my best exercise and that is why i am offering you suggestions. If i had a shitty bench, then i wouldnt say a word. However, when i can rep 405, i tend to think i have learned a few things over the years about "upping your bench."

Note: upping your bench should yield a bigger chest!

cwick0 said:
REALLY.
Hence that is why i am trying to help you. Chest is by far my best exercise and that is why i am offering you suggestions. If i had a shitty bench, then i wouldnt say a word. However, when i can rep 405, i tend to think i have learned a few things over the years about "upping your bench."

Note: upping your bench should yield a bigger chest!

i'm not the one needing help.
ed coan writes my routine for me. i'll tell him to come to you for advice.

Excuse me for saying you are the one who requested the assistance. However, the way you responded towards me, i thought we needed to clear things up.

Thanks, but i would rather learn things on my own and devise my own plan of attack.

Work on your weak points if you want to bring up your bench.

If your stalling near the lockout, work on your tris, do board presses etc.

If your stalling on the transitional part of the press between where the chest is moving the weight and your triceps, do some rolling tricep extensions.

etc... etc...

Mike_Rojas said:
What's wrong with declines, cwick0?

nothing at all. i've raised my raw bench 10% in the last 6 months by doing the routine i'm on, which includes a lot of decline work. and i'm not a new lifter.

Tryn2 said:
Good info near the end of this thread the first few replies were BS....

hey bro, how is telling someone to looking into doing a WSB or a Metal Militia type of routine for increasing their bench BS? please explain...

Top Bottom