Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Trying to gain lean muscle mass and cut some fat. What do u think of my diet?

RBtrucking4

I have had pretty good luck with this diet so far in terms of weight loss but it doesn't seem like i am gaining too much muscle. This is my diet tell me what you guys think.

meal 1 post 3 mile run
1 can of tuna mixed with mayo on whole wheat bread

Meal 2 protein shake 23g and a stick of light string cheese

meal 3 Chicken breast vegetables and a can of soup.

Meal 4 either 4 whole eggs with a slice of light cheese or 16oz of cottage cheese.

Meal 5 3 light string cheeses and a 23g protein shake.

I run 3 miles a day 6 days a week and weight lift 3 days a week. What if any adjustments should I make to my diet? I am 6'3 225lbs trying to get down to around 210-215. This diet has been doing me pretty good with the weightloss considering i started at about 310lbs about 7 months ago i am just not sure if im gaining as much muscle as i could be.

Here is a look at my weight lifting routine.

Mondays Bench I do 5 sets of 10
preacher curl 5 sets of 10 then 200 sit ups

Wednesday Military press 5 sets of 10
reverse curls 5 sets of 10 to work on triceps
200 sit ups

Friday Deadlift 5 sets of 5 and wrist curls 3 sets of 25 and 200 sit ups.

I dont use any performance enhancers like creatine or anything the only thing i use is whey protien post workout. Maybe I should start using creatine alot of my weightlifting friends swear by it. Tell me what you guys think. I also always drink at least a gallon and a half of water a day.

I would switch meal 1 and 2 around. You want that fast digesting protein right after a workout/cardio to replenish your body.

Wait, where's the squats in your routine? Youre focusing too much on your glamour muscles, IMO. 200 sit ups 3 times per week? You're training seems to need more attention than your diet.

Also, its always best to focus on one goal at a time...gain muscle or cut fat. Is it more important to you to cut or put on some lean mass right now?

Also, its always best to focus on one goal at a time...gain muscle or cut fat. Is it more important to you to cut or put on some lean mass right now?

agreed. unless your a newbie its really hard to do both. your best bet is to focus on one and preserve the other.

where are your carbs at? you do that much cardio and survive on 50g of carbs a day? id say bump the carbs to 100+. id bet my left nut your strength would go up. i think your not taking in enough calories. congrats on the weight loss but i think its gona get harder to maintain energy levels as you loose more bf%.
also i think you should throw some squats in there. maybe do military press after your chest work out and give squats their own day. dont be afraid to work your other body parts and mix in some different exercises too. it will benifit you in the long run. the more muscles you work the more calories you burn.

I cant really do squats i dont have the proper equipment or a gym membership. Ive heard deadlifting works the same muscles. My goal right now would definitely be to drop those last few pounds while maintaining muscle mass. Question for the person that said drop the mayo its horrible why is it horrible if its made from eggs and it says right on the jar that the fats are healthy fats like omega 3's and 6's.

Do yall think 7 days a week of am 45 mins of cardio on an empty stomach, 4 days of weight trainng , 50p 30f 20c diet training split would be good for an endomorph thats about 5 '11 180 pounds , 22 years old, my MAIN GOAL is to gain lean muscle mass and lose some body fat and about 20% bodyfat would be rly good for cutting ? Also I want to maintain my strength or if possible get stronger while getting leaner.... If anyone has any suggestions on a better diet could you please explain to me what it is and why it would be better ? As well as better training splits or just anything you see wrong. Please email me (preffered) [email protected] or message me .

Top Bottom