Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Trying E.D.T.

dbroncofan

Thanks for suggesting it 2Raptors.

Has anyone else had success with this form of training?

I think that the first time I set the weight a little low, but am still rather sore and think with slight adjustment will be a good mix in with my training.
I am going to get my BF measured tomorrow and see where I am again.

E.D.T. Escalative Density Training...the be all and END all ... of ANY training plateau.

Created by Olympic lifting coach Charles Staley. Utilized by the ARMED FORCES.... unreal:

Essentially it is this theory: Training to FAILURE is training to FAIL. It is TRUE FOR MOST PEOPLE (but not all).

You "manage" your fatigue with EDT.

You train against the clock...therefore, you train against yourself.

Here's a sample:

Two exercises, alternate muscle groups, super-set "style" for 15 minutes...
Let's say: W/G PULL UP (bodyweight, or with an assisted machine like I use) and Standing Military Kettlebell press.

What this does for you is Increase the DENSITY of the workload.... and the intensity is "managed" by lowering reps as you fatigue. This type of training will translate to a strength gain across the board. It is NOT for building "size"...but strength and endurance with what you already have....

Kind-of like being "as strong as you look".

I had a former Mr. South Carolina come in, see my man and I GRUELLING through an EDT session of alternating Kettlebell presses and Renegade rows (doing one arm rows from a PUSH up position while balanced on the kettlebell....BRUTAL). He hired me for 6 weeks to teach him Kettlebells and EDT. He lost 9 lbs ( I don't know where...cause he was SMOKIN' HOT even before) and is in love with the technique.

Sorry to rant...I just LOVE IT.....and It WORKS...period.

Start with a weight you KNOW you can do 10 "good form" reps with.

You start the clock...do 5 reps of pull-ups....do 5 reps of mil-press..... rest a few seconds...OR NOT...and do another set. Each time you do a set...you put a check mark in the "5" box. Once you start to fatigue...you drop to 4 reps...then 3, then 2 and then 1 each...until the buzzer sounds.

Let's say you did 40 reps, each exercise....your EDT goal, before you go UP in weight...is to beat that number by 20%...then add 5 lbs.

Top Bottom