Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Treasure's new life: a journal

Your posts, Psizzle, and Radar's are part of what convinced me to join this board and start this journal. I agree with you 100% Radar's full of wisdom.
I'm flattered :) I'm here to help, we will make sure you're successful.

Yesterday's Daily Totals:
Calories: 1318 (According to the calorie tracker I'm using, this is smack dab in the middle of my calorie range?)
Fat: 64g (This is slightly over my recommended range of 28-63.)
Carb: 134g (My calorie tracker recommends a range of 142-262)
Protein: 78g (On the low end of normal for what my calorie tracker says I need. The calorie tracker recommends 60-141g.)
Fiber: 10g (Low, I know. I'm planning on trying to up it today.)
Water: 92 ozs. (35ozs shy of where I should have been, but better than normal)

Now, I'm wondering what you guys think of these suggested ranges and whether or not I need to adjust them? Today, I think I've started off better than yesterday. I have noticed that there have been several foods I've refused to eat since I started this yesterday cause I didn't want to have to admit to ya'll that I'd eaten them....

My intake so far today:

Breakfast:
1c cooked spinach
3 eggs
2T salsa
24ozs water
Meal totals:
Calories: 261
Carbs: 13
Fats: 23
Protein: 26
Fiber: 5

Calories: 1318 (According to the calorie tracker I'm using, this is smack dab in the middle of my calorie range?)
Protein: 78g (On the low end of normal for what my calorie tracker says I need. The calorie tracker recommends 60-141g.)

Now, I'm wondering what you guys think of these suggested ranges and whether or not I need to adjust them? Today, I think I've started off better than yesterday. I have noticed that there have been several foods I've refused to eat since I started this yesterday cause I didn't want to have to admit to ya'll that I'd eaten them....

My intake so far today:

Breakfast:
1c cooked spinach
3 eggs
2T salsa
24ozs water
Meal totals:

Good starting point, alot of your caloric intake will depend upon your BMR ( Basic Metabolic Rate) so besically getting started will be alot of trial and error ,don't give up ,alot of us started the same way.

So yesterday I forgot to log the rest of the day, but I had a salad for a mid-morning snack, potstickers for lunch and fish and broccoli for dinner. Not too proud of the pork potstickers....

Today:
Breakfast:
3 eggs
1/3 c spinach
1/4 salsa
10ozs black coffee (YHICK!!)
24ozs water w/1tsp lemon juice

Snack:
Food? What's food?

Lunch:
Ummmmm? haven't had it.

Hi Kitstreasure,

What calorie counter are you using to calulate this? What is your calorie range?

I haven't worked it out yet, but I'm worried that you may be eating too little, 1318 calories/day for someone who is 250 ish and 5'5" seems really low.

My intake so far today:

Breakfast:
1c cooked spinach
3 eggs
2T salsa
24ozs water
Meal totals:

It's Sparkpeople.com. They recommend a range of 1260-1610 calories (it was lower than that till I updated my goals), 142-262g carbs, 28-63g Fat, 60-141g Protein. They also recommend an additional caloric burn of 1880 Kcal/week.

Unpacked my scale today and current weight is 246.5, and body fat is 35.3%. I'm going to be updating my foodtracker tonight from my notebook and will then update things here.

It's Sparkpeople.com. They recommend a range of 1260-1610 calories (it was lower than that till I updated my goals), 142-262g carbs, 28-63g Fat, 60-141g Protein. They also recommend an additional caloric burn of 1880 Kcal/week.

Unpacked my scale today and current weight is 246.5, and body fat is 35.3%. I'm going to be updating my foodtracker tonight from my notebook and will then update things here.

What information did you enter to get the 1260-1610 range?

To calculate your BMR (This is in the 'stickys' if you want more info)

BMR = 370 + (21.6 x lean mass kg)

Your weight is 246.5 lbs or 111.81 kg
Your BF is 35.3 % = 87 lbs fat, 159.5 lbs lean
Lean mass is 159.5 lbs = 72.35 kg

BMR = 370 + (21.6 x 72.35)
= 1933 calories X your activity level (lets use sedentary for now) X 1.2
= 2320 calories for maintence

For weight loss its safe to stay in a deflict of 200-500 per day or else you are going to be STARVING and it's going to be sooo hard to stick to the plan!

Even with a deflict of 500 cals/day you would still need around 1800/day. Remember you can always play around with it and adjust.

I think that RADAR will have the best advice here:)

Okay, so yesterday, I only ate twice... (Bad me, I know. I'm working on this. I just downloaded a meal reminder app, pathetic I know. I just plain forget to eat.)

Breakfast:
3 eggs
1/3 c spinach
1/4 c salsa
2 cappuccino
24ozs water
Totals- Calories: 434 Carbs: 46 Fat: 28 Protein: 24

Dinner:
5ozs Boneless/Skinless chicken breast
3.5ozs Baby Spring salad blend
1/2c Seedless Red grapes
1/2c Green Beans
1tsp Parmesan cheese
(No dressings or sauces, just a little olive oil to saute the green beens and chicken in)
Totals: Calories: 284 Carbs: 23 Fats: 4 Protein: 37

Leaving the daily totals at: Calories: 717 Carbs: 69 Fats: 33 Protein: 61 Fiber: 6

So far today I've been doing better. I've eaten 3 times so far, and only drank 100 calories worth of my intake. (This is a major victory/improvement for me. I used to drink soda and sugared coffee drinks like a redneck drinks beer.) I've forgotten to write down my water intake today, but that's all I've been drinking and I've been drinking ALOT today.

Breakfast:
Cappuccino
3 eggs
1/4c Salsa
Totals: Calories: 334 Carbs: 27 Fats: 25 Protein: 21

Snack:
1c red grapes
Totals: Calories: 109 Carbs: 27 Fats: 1 Protein: 1

Lunch:
1c Black Beans
1c water
1/4c Salsa
Totals: Calories: 247 Carbs: 45 Fats: 1 Protein: 15

Snack:
1oz Walnut Halves
10 Dates
1c Chicken Broth
Totals:
Calories: 429 Carbs: 66 Fats: 19 Protein: 8

Daily totals thus far:

Calories: 1115
Carbs: 165
Fats: 46
Protein: 46

I know I should have had protein of some kind with the mid morning snack, I just couldn't figure out what I wanted so I left it be with the grapes. I'm still trying to plan dinner tonight, but I'm just happy I'm remembering to eat.

Thanks for your help, Cangal. I hope that this helps you better help me.

Treasure.

Last edited:
What the system at Sparkpeople.com has you do is input your goals (for this particular site it's a goal weight and mine happens to be 115lbs). It also asks your gender, age, starting weight, height, etc. and it also asks how many pounds per week you want to lose/how soon you want to meet your goal and the system will not allow you to put in more than a 2lb/week loss. Beyond that, I'm not really sure what's going on behind the scenes.

Top Bottom