Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Layne Norton bulking diet

d andere

[FONT=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]my friend is following this diet for 2 weeks and there is already progress, he has gotten a bit bigger and leaner, it seems like a good recomp diet, since it has a caloric surplus for 4-6 weeks followed by 2 weeks of caloric restriction, the last 2 weeks of caloric restriction. So the surplus builds mass and keeps metabolism high and the deficit leans you out. could this be a good diet for a recomp cycle? for gaining muscle mass while leaning out?[/FONT]

It's a good diet set up. Eating at a calorie surplus constantly will just get you fat. It makes sense to lower calories periodically throughout a bulking phase.

What I personally like to do is incorporate carb cycling. I find it much more effective then doing 'mini diets' every 4 weeks. With carb cycling, you get the best of everything.

Here is an article I wrote on how to set up a carb cycling diet: http://www.evolutionary.org/cycling-carbohydrates

It contains a full sample meal plan. This is the first paragraph of the article:

Most of us eat pretty much the same way every day — similar foods, similar amounts, similar timing. As a result, other than the occasional cheat meal, it would be hard to distinguish one day from another. The problem with this is that if you don’t vary your daily calories, you will end up overfeeding yourself on the rest days or the days you are training light, and at the same time underfeeding yourself on your hardest training days. Luckily, you can get the best of both worlds with carb cycling. With this approach you will fuel your body optimally on your hardest training days, but restrict calories and treat your body as if it's in a cutting phase on the days you don't need the excess energy.

Top Bottom