Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

SuperQT’s staying the course log…

I can sense your frustration so Im not trying to piss you off ... but I dont think you should give up or not do the show, you've come SO far and it shows. I know you wanna place top three but I think each show brings a little something to the whole experience of competing.

You may not feel that you are at your best, but you have given it your best so far haven't you??

You have til after the new year to get boobs done, recover for a few months then compete later in the season, boobs will always be there to buy gf, don't sweat those.

Hang in there QT ...

Okay, a couple things. First - you know this is not meant as any kind of attack on you, I am just stating my opinion on what I have observed. :heart:

1) I think you should do this show. Every experience only makes you a better competitor, a better athlete and a better person. You are strong and capable - this can only give you more insight into yourself and competing.

2) I am concerned about how you have been training. You do LONG cutting periods - you have been cutting for what, like 5 months? And this was after a LONG cutting period last year. Your "off season" seemed to be very short and there did not seem to be much "bulking time" or just time spent trying to add some muscle. Now, my memory may be skewed, since I *did* have a baby during that time period. I may be remembering things wrong, lol.

I know cutting periods are long, but to me, it seems like you are cutting for A LOT longer than many others.

I feel like you are trying to rush things, rather than doing some long term planning. Obviously, I do not live with you nor do I partake in long discussions with you about training goals, etc. So you might be doing this and I have no idea.

3) Boobs can wait, like Bunny said. This should not even be something you are stressed about.

LOL welcome to competition hell -- the last month is nutty. It just is. I didn't see my damn abs until 2 weeks out. I'm still going to say that you are modifying your body as well - the jump from powerlifting to "figure" is large and your body is not only built for powerlifting (as demonstrated by your damn strength ;) ) but it is conditioned for it from how you've trained. Can always take a couple competition cycles to make those changes.

That aside -- you have 3 weeks to decide do the show or not, but you know as well as I do the changes that happen between now & then and you may be shortsheeting yourself if you toss it at this point. The worst you do is decide to not do it the day of the show. At this point, that is exactly what I would tell anyone... But don't let the waffling start eating into your confidence. The option is always there, but half the challenge of competition prep is seeing what you can do because no one can gurantee exactly what will happen - it is an art form.

The Mon - Thurs carb deplete -- just for the record - my carb depletes are zero carb (zero complex - maybe 20 g total if you count the veggies - maybe -- like 4 servings of broccoli / day) -- though I don't know if you are counting only complex or simple as well. Also how is your fat?

When you say you look "fuller" after training -- is it a puffy (i.e. watery) fuller or a cut up fuller? You may be one of those people who manages to look better if they keep training right up to a show vs stopping a few days before. Dunno - you might watch that and consider it during the last week. I'd still move the training towards aerobic - high rep, supersets, possibly even just full body circuits + cardio --- but see if you notice a more cut look after you train.

Otherwise -- just keep the faith and stay focused.

Thanks Ladies

Daisy this comp I started dieting in August for so yeah it is while. I spent from January -July kinda messing around trying to figure out when or if I should compete this year. The last one was 6 months dieting a very long while for that one for sure. Over this prep though in an 8 week period my scale weight dropped 5 lbs well my body fat went down 6% so yeah I was put on lean mass well on a cutting diet same thing happend last year hence why I don't bulk or see the need too. Last year my judge crtic was you have the size just fine tune it all come in tigher oh and get new suits. LOL

Sassy the carbs were all from veggies It was green beans and califlower. My fat intake was higher for the lack of carbs aroud 40% percent over the week. The circuit type workouts are what I do for my legs cause I don't want them growing anymore but gawd I feel gay as hell doing it for my upper body but you do make very good point. I try not to make strength such a priority my workouts well getting comp ready. I will give the circuit type training a go for the next 3 weeks and stay the course like you said making the final call on to do it or not to in the final hours. I do however see no shame in bowing out if need be pros do it all the time. Last years comp was a comp to do a comp. I told myself that I would place at my next one and right now I don't feel my package will do that. We will see what the next few weeks hold with some tweaks to training and diet.

As for fuller I mean post workout I looked pumped and I feel hard right now I feel very soft even when flexing not sure if that is the lack of carbs or what.

superqt4u2nv said:
Thanks Ladies

Daisy this comp I started dieting in August for so yeah it is while. I spent from January -July kinda messing around trying to figure out when or if I should compete this year. The last one was 6 months dieting a very long while for that one for sure. Over this prep though in an 8 week period my scale weight dropped 5 lbs well my body fat went down 6% so yeah I was put on lean mass well on a cutting diet same thing happend last year hence why I don't bulk or see the need too. Last year my judge crtic was you have the size just fine tune it all come in tigher oh and get new suits. LOL

Sassy the carbs were all from veggies It was green beans and califlower. My fat intake was higher for the lack of carbs aroud 40% percent over the week. The circuit type workouts are what I do for my legs cause I don't want them growing anymore but gawd I feel gay as hell doing it for my upper body but you do make very good point. I try not to make strength such a priority my workouts well getting comp ready. I will give the circuit type training a go for the next 3 weeks and stay the course like you said making the final call on to do it or not to in the final hours. I do however see no shame in bowing out if need be pros do it all the time. Last years comp was a comp to do a comp. I told myself that I would place at my next one and right now I don't feel my package will do that. We will see what the next few weeks hold with some tweaks to training and diet.

As for fuller I mean post workout I looked pumped and I feel hard right now I feel very soft even when flexing not sure if that is the lack of carbs or what.

That is absolutely the right attitude. The deplete sounds about right w/ the veggies. But I'll again say that the 3rd week is a bugger because you tend to envision the cuts but the really powerful cutting has yet to happen. So its definitely worth your time to ride it out & base your decision on the results at show time.

I'd also venture that it is the end of the year and there's another run starting around March if that's what you want to do. I don't know the options in your area if you want to spend the rest of the year on sort of a maintenance so you dont' lose where you are now, condition your body to be "at" where it is now so you can move forward from where you are now instead of a bulker or whatever and then make your body go back into that cutting.

Again if you want to do that .. its a thought. But I think your body type presents more of a challenge than girls who are coming up to figure from the stance of having no muscle, have a body that is conditioned to responding to sort of no particular stimulations (e.g. by training heavy) & having to build. You have scads of muscle and have to reshape it & condition your body to be a lower set weight.

I'll compare it to me -- my body's set weight has gone up 10 lbs since I first started competing - I'd been lifting for 20 yrs and my body liked to sit at around 150 lbs. The training conditioning was there, but the dieting never really was. So now having done more focus on dieting, and probably the more impactful 'conditioning' (not in a good way) - I've had pretty regular weight swings of up to 30 lbs at least 1x/yr since 2000, and the result is that I definitely have more mass but I also tend to hold more fat around my waist and of course, the age thing adds to that and I really would need to do a couple cycles of conditioning to get my body being comfortable at a lower weight and being able to maintain it as it would in response to a "normal" lifestyle (meanign not in competition prep or for some short term goal).

But see what the next 3 weeks brings. Its a new adventure every time!

LOL mostly be glad you don't have to deal w/ the age issue yet ;)

Last edited:
Sassy69 said:
BTW -- you rock girl!

:heart:
So do you I am feeling better I put some makeup on played with my new hair cut tried on my dress for the holiday party. I look good ;)

Thank you all for the love and support it means a lot.

superqt4u2nv said:
So do you I am feeling better I put some makeup on played with my new hair cut tried on my dress for the holiday party. I look good ;)

Thank you all for the love and support it means a lot.

LOL that is definitely one bit of motivation & reuse of results -- how many of us are going to be running around trying to fit into "that perfect holiday dress" for xmas parties, New Years, etc... and hot stuff over heeya is gonna be struttin' the competition quality bod.....

You look good QT! I second what everyone else has said....a lot can change in the next three weeks. Stick with it. You've come to far to back out now.

Top Bottom