Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Submissions in Side Mount and North/South

ok it takes me to a general Judo page
tomonage
yes that's it
in pro wrestling they call it amonkey flip!
yes the only difference is I can't get my hands on their gi cus they dont' wear one so I put hands to back of head
(this also rolls really well from their head to help me when I try to roll to mount if you can imagine)
and the foot cannot really get on the gut so instead I do it similar to like what I believe most call a butterfly guard
and I just push up with the one leg (that has been enough I'll use 2 if someone is like 300 lbs) and roll over they go
generally their momentum makes it simple
you should consider using it in practice, in a tourny they may very well consider it you getting put down and loosing and not you countering im not sure

cool sounds a lot more like sumi gaeshi its a really good throw i need a bit more practice with it before i use it in competition but i am going to try to use it more in practice.. i need to work on getting a grip over there back to pull them in tight..

http://judoinfo.com/images/nauta/sumigaes.gif

well I have no training in it and just tried it and it's worked like 4 out of 4 times

yeah sum gaeshi is the footwork of it
but I usually try for the inside of their thigh cus I don't want to get in the habbit of foot in crotch cus the last thing I want to do is roll to mount on someone and have the ref break us to give him a 'breather' cus he thinks I groin kicked him
also the hand possitioning is different
I havn't gone for their arm when I have done it

I also like the look of Sukui Nage
I want to do something similar to that but from the front if I decide to take someone down when they are clinched against the cage
grab the lead leg lift up and sweep the other foot

no not really
ideally my feet would be outside of theirs for this
picture clinched like for striking with me pinning the other guy against the cage
I'd dip my arm down to get his lead leg (unless his legs were even then I'd probubly opt for his left just because my right leg will be forward and easier to sweep that way) so I would hook preferably under his knee but up near crotch might be necessary with my arm in something of an uppercut type possition and lift that leg then the lead leg (my right) comes across to do a really easy 'sweep' of his still grounded foot
ideally there will be relativly little weight on it from the lift I give to his right leg which should offset his hips assuming everything goes well
then boom go down with him and preferablly be in a sort of crossbody type possition
make sence?

wait a sec.. sorry..

i didnt see you said suki nage.. you can do that right from the front.. no need to turn to the side. and you can finish w/ your leg to block/sweep the leg and rotate them around that rather then lifting up in the air then turning them. normally you do that if you can not get the lift because of position. but you can do that pretty much belly to belly and you dont need to duck under the arm either if you get low and drive with your hips.. if you have good body position the person will get locked onto your hip and then you explode your hips up to lift him.. i love this thrw btw

good luck with it..

although it is a legal throw in judo you might want to look up some sambo clips because it is used even more in sambo and you will def. see some cool set ups for it..

in judo it is used a bit more as a counter (IMO) then an attack

Judo Tom said:
good luck with it..

although it is a legal throw in judo you might want to look up some sambo clips because it is used even more in sambo and you will def. see some cool set ups for it..

in judo it is used a bit more as a counter (IMO) then an attack

ok
also in Judo it probubly dosn't get used too often cus there is nothing to pin the other person up against you have to get them off balance to do it
if they are against the cage that's less worry for me

Top Bottom