Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Splitting up cardio sessions

Treebeard

I do 30 mins cardio at my lunch hour (can't do it in the AM). I would like to up that to 45 - 60 mins, but I just don't have the time at lunch, gotta get back to work.

I wondered if doing 30 more of cardio in the evening would be okay, or would it be counter-productive. I run for my cardio and my heart rate is at 65% of max most of the time.

My goal is cardio fitness and weight loss. I lift weights at moderate intensity 4 times a week, and do the cardio 6 times a week.

curious ,why are you trying to get to an hour of cardio??bigger question is your diet.how's that?don't go crazy with cardio,brother.concentrate on your workouts and your diet.i would leave the cardio to 4 days a week for 30-45 min tops,and watch your diet,bigtime.just my .02
h6ss_small.jpg
:D

On days when I dont train I usually do 40-60 minutes of cardio broken up into 2 sessions. I think thats a great way to lose fat although many people argue that "30+30 does NOT equal 60." In other words 2 thirty minute sessions arent as good as one 60 minute session. Seems to work great for me though so I dont know. Personally, I cant sit on a damn treadmill or bike for an hour straight. :):)

6 days of cardio is probably too much... stick with 4-5... lift heavier weights.. muscle is metabolistic, meaning the more you have, the more fat you will burn...

as for the time on cardio... read the 30+30 post (Warlobo's post on the womens board) and make your own deductions...

but i ask you this... why CANT you do your cardio in the morning??? is it because you are too lazy and can't get out of bed?

if that's the case, you don't want it bad enough... for every goal, there is an obstacle, if you really want to reach your goal, you get over/around the obstacle... so cut the excuses and decide what you want more, and extra hour or so sleep or a lean hard body??? (go to bed earlier if its the sleep you want so bad... :) )

Last edited:
To Mann

My diet is over on the diet board under "My diet, stats, and goals" title. If you could take a look and tell me what you think I would be grateful.

To phenomena

Thanks for your honesty and your reply.

It just is not possible for me to get up any earlier. My kids go to sleep at 9pm and I'm up at 5:30 getting ready for work.

I hear constantly about the importance of sleep to muscle growth and general well being, and I am not sure if the potential benifits of early morning cardio would outweigh the downside of 7 or less hours of sleep.

Thanks again for the motivation.

dang 5:30, i wouldn't want your job!!!

well i know nothing about the struggles of raising children so i imagine that's an accomplishment in itself...

basically diet is the biggest thing that you'll want to look at then... make sure you are eating enough food for your activity and make sure that you lift heavy to increase the muscle mass...

i actually made some comments on your diet on that board...

if you can't do the hour cardio in the morning during the weekdays, do it on the weekends... (that's 2 sessions right there gone...) same no excuses policy applies! :)

Top Bottom