Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So whats the final consensus. Does smoking speed up your metabolism?

The following study more than backs-up cockdezl...do a search for it.

Anderson, K. and Arner, P. "Systemic nicotine stimulates human adipose tissue lipolysis through local cholinergic and catecholaminergic receptors." International Journal of Obesity . Aug. 2001. vol. 25 (no. 8), pp. 1225-1232.

Also, in the Jan. 2002 issue of Food and Chemical Toxicology journal, they have a 4 part study "designed to evaluate the potential effects of 333 ingredients added to typical blended test cigarettes."

Actually, here is the studies:

"Evaluation of the Potential effects if ingredients added to cigarettes. Parts 1, 2, 2, 4...Cigarette design, testing approach, and review of results." Food and Chemical Toxicology . Jan. 2002, vol. 40: issue 1, pp 77-91 (1st part).

Interesting to say the least.

BMJ

Cockdezl thank you, you varified what I had already stated in the previous thread on nicotine and smoking.:D

Hmmm...

Can anyone back up the argument that nicotine lowers estrogen, making most smokers more "veiny" than they once were...

This discussion took place over at A.F., when Bjaarki spoke of a friend's increased vascularity since he started smoking regularly...

Personally, I smoke 2-3 cigarettes a day, because they do decrease appetite, and I like the "feeling," especially if I'm havin' a drink, too...OFF CYCLE OF COURSE!!

There are metabolites of nicotine that are known aromatase inhibitors and a few studies have looked at the effects of these in female smokers and there seems to be evidence supporting this effect. I do not know if it works in men, though.

Top Bottom