Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shawn Phillips "Add 50 Pounds to your Bench"

meadball

I have read through the workout ( http://www.musclemedia.com/training/bench/tableindex.html ) and am thinking about doing it. has anyone tried it before? it seems like it doesn't give enough time to all the other muscle groups, and even the chest only gets around 7-8 sets total on that day. someone give me some advice before i get into it. even if you haven't tried it, let me know if it looks good...

meadball said:
I have read through the workout ( http://www.musclemedia.com/training/bench/tableindex.html ) and am thinking about doing it. has anyone tried it before? it seems like it doesn't give enough time to all the other muscle groups, and even the chest only gets around 7-8 sets total on that day. someone give me some advice before i get into it. even if you haven't tried it, let me know if it looks good...

I followed it once. Got about 25 pounds. Remember you are training chest twice per week on the routine, hence the lower number of sets per workout.

It's the best workout routine I've ever done.

It's amazing something that good came out of a magazine that bad.

Shawn Phillips is full of shit when he says that the best powerlifters push up the bar in a J lift! I have seen the best and they all try to press in the shortest distance as possible, they bring the bar down on their upper abs and press pretty much banck straight up, no J bullshit. I can outbench Shawn so listen to my words of wisdom and come over to the powerlifting forum if you want a bigger bench!

Did it about three years ago and gained about 30lbs on my bench.That was before I learned about Westside training

CytoMel is right about benching in a straight line vs j lift

Read some post on the powerlifting forum if you want to improve your bench.

DTOX said:
It's the best workout routine I've ever done.

It's amazing something that good came out of a magazine that bad.

I've got to give it props too. I did the routine when it FIRST came out. Back then it was titled "HOW TO ADD 30 LBS TO YOUR BENCH IN JUST SIX WEEKS."

I went up 30 lbs on my bench the first time I did it. I went up 25 lbs on my bench a year later when I did the routine again.

It is by far the best routine I have found for raising your bench poundage.

man 30 lbs in 12 weeks sounds pretty good, anybody here try the matrix routine, what success have you had with this, i am about to start it this monday, it is supposed to increase the bench by 10% in ten weeks, or twelve i cant remember right now i would have to look at the plan.

I did the program also a few years ago and my bench went up by 40 lbs. The program recommended leaving out shoulders, which may be why my bench went higher.

Top Bottom