Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rotator Cuff Exercises

Liberator

My left shoulder has started hurting from benching, not much but enough to make me notice it, it seems to be around the rotator cuff area, I can hear like a clicking sound in my shoulder, depending how i raise my arm (like the joint). It only hurts when I raise it a specific way, but its not a bad pain, feels like something is rubbing against it, maybe like a trapped nerve feeling.

Ive read this maybe an imbalance in the shoulder joint and rotator cuff exercises might help

When do you do these workouts for them to be effective, only once a week in your shoulder workouts or more often?

what is your current training split?

The days that you work your shoulders and the day that you work your chest will effect where you do the exercises.

Thanks

I'll give it a try before my chest workout

I think I screwed it up doing side laterals when I first started training and went too heavy

Flyes hurt it at first, but then it stops as I get into it, like my shoulders have warmed up or something (I do proper warmups). I go real deep on them, they dont seem to hurt when I dont. I'll start doing it less deep.

Its a tiny pain, and I can hear some clicking going on

Last edited:
Ive got exactly thesame problem (caused by benching) and i know a few other people have had it in here so it seems quite common.

so any more info on this would be great

It seems to hurt more after Ive been sat at my desk for along time at work (with my arms resting on the desk), like they are stiff or something.

When I work out I dont feel the pain, unless I'm doing flyes, but it goes away half way through the sets, flyes seem to aggrevate it more than anything else.

I once tried behind the kneck presses for shoulders and both shoulders hurt then, so I dont do anything behind the kneck now, including lat pulldowns, but I never really have anyway.

is it because I have not done rotator cuff exercises and my rear rotators are stronger than my front rc's pushing the shoulder forward into the joint?

I'm sure if it was a tiny tear it would hurt far far more!!

Last edited:
If you really have damaged your rotator cuff,or weakened it somehow,then a proper warmup would be wise.This link takes you to a patient education site that deals with people who already have shoulder problems.Granted,they aren't the most "butch" looking exercises,but they will maybe keep you from having arthroscopic surgery somewhere down the line :cool:
http://www.orthohealth.com/askthedoc/rotortendin.cfm

Top Bottom