Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Roonytunes 2006

I cheated last night and took a Lunesta pill (prescription drug). I slept from 11pm to 7am as a result and feel so much better today! At least I can finally catch up here at work since I’ve been putting off quite a few items since I was too tired and not motivated enough.

iceprincess said:
:wavey: Hey Roony!

I hope you are able to sleep tonight!! Not being able to sleep can be frustrating! What made you decide up the cals on the diet? ;)
Hey IP!! :wavey: Thanks for stopping by! I am actually following a diet provided to me by Camp Savage now. It’s not too different from what I used to do except I get to zig-zag calories a little over three low, med and high days. It may look like I’m eating 200-300 calories more, but it’s only because I’m now tracking vegetables. I didn’t realize a bag of broccoli was 100 calories, 1 cup of bean sprouts is 30 calories etc. and before, I just wasn’t counting to that level of detail.
mermaid said:
Your calories have increased slightly with the new diet - I guess you have extra energy per se, but you're sluggish too. From lack of sleep? But then you have introduced dairy back into your diet and dairy is the devil - the body just can not process it. Whenever, I have dairy (especially after abstinence) I feel very sluggish.

Just my 0.02 for what it's worth.
I appreciate your feedback as always, Merm! It could be the dairy but I have no intolerance to lactose that I know of. It could also be the fruit, especially since I take my PWO meal in the evenings after working out. I don’t know if all that fructose is shocking my system. The other change in this diet is I’m keeping my complex carbs to 60g/day every single day – what varies is just the fruit and veggies – and I’m not sure if my body is just running out of energy and is wired because of that. It’s too hard to pinpoint, but I’m going to finish up my 2 weeks on the program this Thursday. I’m heading to San Fran for a 4-day weekend so I won’t be following any regime then. Hopefully being on holiday and having a 3-hr time difference forced on me will help reset my body a little. We’ll see (fingers crossed!)….

Good morning roony

question about the lunesta, are there any side effects eg: morning tiredness? I am glad you got some rest :heart:

ck2006 said:
Good morning roony

question about the lunesta, are there any side effects eg: morning tiredness? I am glad you got some rest :heart:
Not that I can tell....I usually feel those side effects when I take over-the-counter stuff like Excedrin PM, but have been fine today. Doctors are a little tight with prescribing Lunesta though. I only got 7 pills and it was a $25 co-pay. :evil:

Roonytunes said:
Not that I can tell....I usually feel those side effects when I take over-the-counter stuff like Excedrin PM, but have been fine today. Doctors are a little tight with prescribing Lunesta though. I only got 7 pills and it was a $25 co-pay. :evil:

I am not even sure if they sell it in Canada, I just see the commercials and sometimes I would love to try it. I go weeks without good sleep :rolleyes: I am very lucky cause our benefit plan pays for a prescriptions. I am glad that you have no side effects! and thank you :heart:

Tues, 8/15

Scale weight: 114lbs

Taking a break from working out to reset my system and tried to sleep in a little this morning...I went to my holistic accupuncturist for an adjustment/consultation this evening. Like Merm, she too recommended cutting back on milk protein. So I'll finish what I have and then stop buying any more.

8:15am:
½ cup oatmeal mixed with:
1 cup blueberries
15 almonds
½ cup egg whites
¼ cup skim milk
1 packet Splenda

10:30am:
4 oz grilled Jenny O lean turkey kielbasa
4 oz baked sweet potato with cinnamon & 1 packet splenda

12:15pm:
1 diced apple topped with ½ cup Fage 0 Greek Yogurt

3:30pm:
Tuna salad
- 3 oz small tuna can
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 tbsp Trader Joes Goddess dressing

7:15 & 9pm:
Chicken curry (split into two portions):
- 6 oz Italian seasoned chicken breast sautéed with onion, garlic and pepper
- 2 cups bean sprouts, 1/2 cup okra, 1/2 cup diced tomatoes & mushrooms
- 1/3 cup Trader Joes curry simmer sauce & crushed red pepper for seasoning

Totals: 1430 cals (160g carbs, 132g protein, 28g fat)

Wed, 8/16

Scale weight: 113.5lbs

6:15am: 55 mins spinning class

8:15am:
½ cup egg whites
¼ cup skim milk
2 slices apple

11am:
½ cup pineapple topped with ½ cup Fage 0 Greek Yogurt

1:15pm:
Grilled chicken salad
- 3 oz grilled chicken
- 1 cup spinach, 10 cherry tomatoes, cucumber, onions, celery
- 2 tbsp Cindy’s Kitchen Mango Salsa Vinaigrette

3:15pm:
Tuna salad
- 3 oz small tuna can
- 1 cup spinach, 10 cherry tomatoes

5:15pm:
3 oz grilled chicken, 1 cup okra, ½ cup tomatoes stir-fried with garam masala spice
½ cup brown rice

7pm:
3 oz Jenny O lean turkey kielbasa

7:30pm: Lower Body Workout

Leg Press
15 reps with sled + 90lbs
10 reps with sled + 180lbs
4 x 6 reps with sled + 325lbs
25 reps with sled + 180lbs

Seated Squats:
5 x 12 with 25lb dbs in each hand (squat on bench and immediately stand)

Leg Extensions:
3 sets:
15 reps on each leg, 10 reps on each leg, 5 reps on each leg – 20lbs/25lbs/25lbs

Lying Leg Curls:
4 x 12 with 55lbs

8:45pm:
PWO shake – ½ scoop vanilla whey with TJ’s mango chunks

10:30pm:
1 brown rice cake
5 almonds

Totals: 1505 cals (175g carbs, 141g protein, 30g fat)

Last edited:
I'm posting this since I thought it may help others with sleep problems. I've had the worst time falling asleep for two weeks. I couldn't tell if it was because of the change in diet or increased cardio etc. I went to my chiropractor to get adjusted - she happens to also practice holistic medicine. She told me my body is deficit in minerals and gave me a bottle of Min-Tran. It was only $6, but I've been falling asleep again. I take 4-5 pills an hour before I'm set for bed. Here's an article on it: http://www.standardprocess.com/lit/tabsheets/mintran5590.pdf#search="min tran"
It looks to be available online via Amazon and other vitamin websites. I definitely recommend it!

:wavey: Hi Roony!! Went to TJs today & picked up some of the Goddess dressing you mentioned....can't wait to try it.....

jenscats5 said:
:wavey: Hi Roony!! Went to TJs today & picked up some of the Goddess dressing you mentioned....can't wait to try it.....
Hi Jens! :wavey: I hope you like it...it's pretty good with tuna and shrimp. I read about it on another board, but I bought the wrong brand. Apparently Annie's Naturals Goddess dressing is the best one out there, but I didn't think the TJ's one was too shabby.

Thurs, 8/17

Scale weight: 114lbs

8am:
½ cup egg whites
¼ cup skim milk
½ apple
1 packet splenda

10am:
2 oz Jenny O lean turkey kielbasa
1 slice Cinnamon & Raisin Ezekiel bread

Noon:
15 almonds
1 slice Cinnamon & Raisin Ezekiel bread

1:15pm:
Tuna salad
- 3 oz small tuna can
- 1 cup spinach, 5 cherry tomatoes

3:45pm:
Stallone Protein Pudding

4:30pm: Upper Body workout

Pec Dec
3 x 8 with 50lbs
1 x 8 with 45lbs
1 x 11 with 45lbs (failure)

Stiff Arm Pull-downs
5 x 8 with 60lbs

Shoulder Press (machine, inside grip)
4 x 8 with 55lbs
1 x 15 with 55lbs (failure)

Lying Bicep Curls with Cable Machine
5 x 8 with 50lbs

Triceps Pull-downs
4 x 8 with 55lbs
1 x 12 with 55lbs (to failure)

5:45pm:
PWO smoothie – ½ scoop whey mixed with mango chunks

6:30pm:
I skipped spinning class. I was running around in gym clothes beforehand and two ladies told me that I look like I need to be fed :( Plus I saved too many calories for later in the day and was feeling run-down anyway.

8pm & 10pm:
Chicken curry
- 6 oz chicken sautéed with garlic, onions & pepper
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, 1 cup bean sprouts, ½ cup okra, 2 cups spinach & mushrooms
- 1/3 cup TJ’s curry simmer sauce

Totals: 1520 cals (170g carbs, 171g protein, 30g fat)

I'm heading to San Francisco tomorrow on holiday!! I'm taking a much needed break from routine life. I won't be following program but also don't plan to pig out. I'm taking workout clothes so I hope to hit the hotel gym a couple of times. I have to say I'm a little tired of all the measuring cups, weighing scale and daily cooking & packing of meals...so I hope this break will provide me with the rejuvenation I'lll need to continue when I return.

I'll check in, but won't be logging till Tuesday again!

Top Bottom