Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

question on lagging BP

JustinM

my chest is my lagging BP...mostly my upper chest..right now i am bulking and i train chest once a week on sundays...do you think it would be beneficial if i trained chest on tuesday nights and just did like 6 sets of upper chest in my basement...maybe all incline presses...see my chest will still be a little sore from sunday but from tuesday till next sunday my chest should be pretty good..any input??

thanks
peace

Why don't you post your current chest routine.

I had a similar problem to you (lagging chest, mostly upper). I decided to cut back on my sets and always start with incline barbell presses, and mix up the rest of the exersizes.

For example, I would do 4 sets of incline, then 2-3 sets of flat dumbbell, and 1-2 sets of flyes.

After 4 weeks, I have noticed a difference in strength and size.

sometimes i throw in some dips at the end

but..i want to start with barbell flat becuase i want to get some mass becuase my whole chest is lagging, but i want my upper to get bigger too

peace

You could try cutting your sets down a bit maybe try 9 total, 6 sets of presses and 3 sets of flyes.

I would also stay away from the smith machine presses, they can be very hard on the joints. Something I've noticed (on myself that is), is that a well developed upper chest can give the 'illusion' of having a well developed overall chest. Try mixing up the order of the exersizes for a while. Or you could even try pre-exhausting your chest with flyes before you move on to presses.

well how many times a week do you do chest because maybe i will cut back to 9 but do chest 2 times per week...

and nice quote on the bottom man..lol

peace

I only train each body part directly once a week. My split is as follows:

1. chest/bi's
2. rest
3. back/tri's
4. rest
5. shoulders/quads
6. hams
7. rest

I usually do calves once a week in there somewhere, and abs twice a week.

There was a time when I was doing chest twice a week, but that was because I was following a HIT routine (two whole body sessions twice a week). Each chest workout consisted of 3-4 sets and that would be it. The theories I used to build the routine came from www.cyberpump.com.

Top Bottom