Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question for needsize

BoShow

Hey,
I saw your description of your routine on the one post (the 5 by 5 routine). I was wondering what was your split and complete exercises for the routine. And also if your split if different from a 3 day, could you make it a 3 day routine like:
Monday: Chest and Tri's
Bench Press:5*5
2 other chest exercises: 2*8-10
Skull Crushers:5*5
2 other tri exercises:2*8-10

Wednesday: Back and Bi's
Bent Over Row:5*5
2 other back exercises:2*8-10
Barbell Curls:5*5
2 other bi exercises:2*8-10

Friday:Legs and Shoulders
Squats:5*5
2 other thigh exercises:2*8-10
Leg Curls:3*8-10
Calf Raises:3*8-10

Shoulders done the same way
Is this OK? Thank you.

Boshow, my split is 4 way, chest/calves/abs, back/shoulders, bi's/tri's, quads/hams/calves. This way I have the energy and strength to put maximal effort in to each body part and therefor the program works great for me. On the spilt you posted, I don't think you could do the full routine for arms as you have already pre-exhausted them, it would be too much and you really wouldn't be able to lift heavy, but you could do a version of it.

The exercises you use for the sets of 8-10 arent as important as the 5x5 compound ones, but it is important to stick with mass builders, ie skull crushers vs kickbacks.
here are my favourite routines (I already posted chest)
tri's weighted dips 5x5
skull crushers 2x10 (this can be used as 5x5 exercise as well)
overhead extensions 2x10 db's or ez curl bar

bi's standing barbell curl 5x5
incline dumbell curls 2x10
preacher curls 2x10

quads squat 5x5
leg press 2x10
extensions 2x10 (I often stop at leg presses as that's all
my quads need to grow)
hamstring curls 2x10
calves standing or seated, I do them on different days, 5x15
(I find my calves respond better to 15's than sets of 5)

back/shoulders - this gets complicated as the 2 muscle groups together are pretty large. I deadlift for my sets of 5, but I also do heavy shoulder presses, db or military for 5x5 as well.
weighted chins 2x8-10
shrugs 2x8-10
t bar rows 2x8-10
laterals 2x8-10
rear laterals 2x8-10
For me this is a marathon workout but I rest for 2 days afterwards.

That beacame one hell of a long post.......That is the routine that works great for me but it can be adjusted to fit just about any program. I'm a bodybuilder but after two 8 week cycles (natural at the time) on that program, I got so strong I did some powerlifting competitions as well. At a bodyweight of 210lbs, on a small frame, I was able to bench 325lbs, squat 485lbs, and deadlift 545lbs, all without a belt or wraps.

I was 3rd out of about 10 guys in my weight class, which was alright considering I didn't train as a powerlifter and didn't use any of the extra, like belts, wraps or suits as I don't normally use them to train.

Thanks, I thought about sticking with powerlifting but my small frame just isn't up to it

till my joints gave out and I ended up a cripple. I find training with heavy 5's gives me size and strength if I want it, but the heavy singles scare me. I'm on my first cycle of gear right now and think i may have to try for some maxes at the end just to see, as my strength seems to know no limits right now. ie, last week I deadlifted 445lbs for sets of 5, off the floor and it went up like I was playing, I have a feeling my old maxes are history.

your a freak brother,ill be at park monday afternoon dissto said you guys would be there so ill do mine around that time aswell

Top Bottom