Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

question about post workout snack

cherylynn

Can I eat after lifting or cardio, and I do these at night.....or would that keep me from losing fat.
I like to eat like 1/2 c. lowfat cott. cheese and a few strawberries.
thanks!

After lifting it is best to drink a shake - regular whey protein is best. Whey protein is digested quickly so it replenishes your msucles...which is good for muscle gain. I've read recently that it is beneficial for females to wait ~1 hour after cardio to eat. So I've been trying to incorporate that. But regardless, a light meal is fine. It won't inhibit fat loss. Actually, the CC is pretty good.

What WILL inhibit fat loss is going too long without eating. You want to make sure your last meal is at night..... that way your body isn't going more than 8-9 hours without food. You body repairs itself at night....this is when you build muscle. If you do not have food (protein and a few carbs) for your body to use as energy, then it will use muscle tissue to fuel its repairs. This will reduce your muscle mass and therefore, reduce you metabolism. A lower metabolism means less fat burning.

Don't be afraid to eat at night, even late at night. What is important is WHAT you eat. You do not need a lot of carbs, but you need a few. The carbs in CC are good. You could even mix a little whey protein and a fat source in it to make it digest slower so it lasts longer in your belly.

no berries :( ?
I will make a shake, I got some ON choc. mint.
Bless u for answering......i'm freakin' starvin! ;)

Need some protein, besides the cottage cheese. Try a whey protein shake with water. You can have some lean meat and greens instead. There are alot of things you could eat at night. Can of Tuna, hard boiled eggs (1 yolk per 4-5 eggs). You can eat as many egg whites as you desire. You need to ALWAYS eat protein after a workout. Protein is one of the main ingredients that helps you build muscle. You need to have some protein after cardio as well.

absgirl said:
Is that the best way to drink it, with water?
I normally do it with low fat milk .

Thx for responding back :)

Cut out the milk. Milk is NOT usually a good diet food. Milk=sugar. Plus, it is a decent amount of extra calories. Liquid calories COUNT. I don't know about you, but I would rather EAT my calories than drink them.

Boscoe gave some good examples of evening foods. Your evening/night meal should be heavy on the lean protein, moderate on the fat and light on the carbs. This is why greens are good - they are fibrous, fill you up, and have so few calories (a cup of brocolli has like 25 calories!).

IMMEDIATELY post lifting....take a PLAIN whey shake. Like 20-40g protein and water. That is it.

Berries at night aren't really a good thing...they are sugar. 1-2 strawberries won't necessarily make or break you, but you are better off having them earlier in the day IMO.

Daisy_Girl said:
Cut out the milk. Milk is NOT usually a good diet food. Milk=sugar. Plus, it is a decent amount of extra calories. Liquid calories COUNT. I don't know about you, but I would rather EAT my calories than drink them.

Boscoe gave some good examples of evening foods. Your evening/night meal should be heavy on the lean protein, moderate on the fat and light on the carbs. This is why greens are good - they are fibrous, fill you up, and have so few calories (a cup of brocolli has like 25 calories!).

IMMEDIATELY post lifting....take a PLAIN whey shake. Like 20-40g protein and water. That is it.

Berries at night aren't really a good thing...they are sugar. 1-2 strawberries won't necessarily make or break you, but you are better off having them earlier in the day IMO.

*** Daisy girl! You totally motivate me! I mean, totally! Like they had these cheese cake in the kitchen at work..and it looked absolutely delcious! but..i was like...no...I can't afford to do that.. I had my cheat day already. It's back to the clean stuff!

You really are an encourgement to me and many others here! You make me much more aware of my dietary habits ! lol :)

You rock!!

Top Bottom