Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pre-First cycle

Shit bro, you do that mofo 3x/week?
Refresh my memory bro what exactly are you working towards?
That workout is real upper bod heavy and neglecting legs somewhat.
It just is not very balanced. But maybe you have specific goals that you tailored this to, IDK...:confused:

Ha. Yeah. I do it thrice weekly. I just don't like to focus too much on my legs cause they get big crazy fast. And I hate having to wear size 40 pants just bc my thighs are too big. As it is now I can't even fit into my 34's bc I look like Officer Dangle from Reno 911.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Oh yeah and as far as goals. I'm really just trying to lose body fat right now. But I have pretty weak chest and I also want to get my lats and back bigger.

Ok so with focusing on your chest, lats, back and loosing fat, here we go...

Alright so here's my workout from yesterday.

2 sets 12 reps, 10 reps, squats
135, 185 Since your legs react very well you might try this, work your way up to 200 lbs. Then dont add any mroe weight, but add reps as follows,

WU 2x5-8@135.
2-3x20@185.
Build to 3 sets of 20 then add weight only up to 200 Lbs. When you get to 20 reps for 3 sets, full range of motion shoot for 1 set of 50 reps etc.

2 sets 10 reps, stiff leg deadlifts
185, 185 Dont really need these with full ROM squats.
Heavy ass Rack pulls from shins or Dead Lifts would be much better. Shoot for higher reps such as 3x12.

2 sets 10 reps, incline bench dumbbells Junk, loose this.
65 lbs, 65 lbs.
3 sets 10 reps, cable fly Junk, loose this.
140 lbs, 160 lbs, 180 lbs
BBL flat bench press. 5x5. Work sets at the same weight. Add weight each week.
2 sets 10 reps high cable row (isolated) Junk loose this
160 lbs, 160 lbs.
2 sets 10 reps low cable row (isolated)
140 lbs, 160 lbs
Junk loose this.

BBL bent over rows from the floor.
Each rep from a full stop from the floor.
5x5, same as bench press.

2 sets 10 reps machine shoulder press
80 lbs, 80 lbs.
Go to BBL standing shoulder press.
2 sets 10 reps lateral raise cable machine
110 lbs, 110 lbs
Go to Dbls. Semi str8 arms.

1 set 10 reps reverse cable fly
100 lbs
4 sets 20 reps, 15 reps, 10 reps, 20 reps
180 lbs, 270 lbs, 360 lbs, 180 lbs
3 sets 10 reps incline bench hammer curls (dumbbells)Junk loose this and do chin ups instead. Go for 5x5 same as bench press then when you get this at body weight, add weights with a dip belt.

30 lbs, 25 lbs, 25 lbs
3 sets 15 dips go to 5x5 same as bench. When you need to add weight via a dip belt.
2 sets 15 seated calf raise
90 lbs 90 lbs.
2 sets 15 freemotion ab cable with strapsJunk loose this. Waste of energy and time.
90 lbs, 90 lbs
2 sets 15 reps leg liftsWaste too.
Seeing your abs is all about diet bro. Look to your diet. Believe me with that squat routine you will get plenty of ab stimulation.

Forgot to do forearms.

After your weight work do 30 cardio. Do intervals like this. Hard fast run half the track. Walk the other half so you kinda catch your breath.

IMO you do way too much Iso work. Do the compound lifts and you will get way more benefit from your work outs bro.

Your thoughts?:confused:

Yeah I really want to do compound workouts, but I just don't have a partner or anybody to spot me.

But the isolated rows, I have been feeling a lot more in my back and lats as opposed to doing the pulldowns.

also, there's no place for me really to do sprints.

Well I completely agree with you on the compound lift stuff. So today I switched it up to what you said.

I did 205, 225 on squat. With much ease I might add. I just need a damn spot.

Instead of bbl bent over rows, I just did t-bar rows. 2x12

I couldn't remember what the other 5x5's were besides bench, but i'll do 5x5's next time.

Oh yeah, and I think I'm going to just do two workouts with a day's rest in between.

Take my carb day on the last workout, then 2 days off, then start over.

What do you think about me doing that?

Well I completely agree with you on the compound lift stuff. So today I switched it up to what you said.

I did 205, 225 on squat. With much ease I might add. I just need a damn spot. Bro dont do these to exhaustion. The spotter is in your head bro. You wanna have a little bit left in the tank. If you dont think you can get it back up then dont do it. Believe me you still gonna grow brother.

Instead of bbl bent over rows, I just did t-bar rows. 2x12 K, no prob.

I couldn't remember what the other 5x5's were besides bench, but i'll do 5x5's next time. LOL zoomy!

Oh yeah, and I think I'm going to just do two workouts with a day's rest in between. Thats not all bad bro. You would be surprized how many peeps really get pretty good gains doing this.

Take my carb day on the last workout, then 2 days off, then start over.

What do you think about me doing that?
Get after it Killa!:)

Sorry bro I missed your comment,
"rest between sets"
In this type of workout really not that important. What I do is rest till I feel ready to hit that next set. For some things that may be a minute and a half. But like on squats I am guessing 3 minutes or so.
Also I work out alone too bro at home.
You will get used to working without a spotter, it just takes a little bit of time.
Do you work out at home? If so I have some ideas for you on spots.
Let me know.

Top Bottom