Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

persistant left knee pain from squatting

casualbb said:
I think my peroneals are okay, although rolling them certainly wouldn't hurt.

I think this is my problem: my right psoas has always been really tight, and it seems like no matter how hard or long I stretch the bastard it won't loosen

Also my right posterior chain (glutes, hams) are VERY overdeveloped relative to the left, perhaps as a result of psoas tightness.

Sounds like classic asymmetric hip dysfunction. Though it feels weird preempting that with "classic," lol...

Did you do that test? Did one foot splay outwards more than the other? Also, if you stand in the mirror, completely relaxed, does one shoulder appear lower than the other?

Debaser said:
Sounds like classic asymmetric hip dysfunction. Though it feels weird preempting that with "classic," lol...

Did you do that test? Did one foot splay outwards more than the other? Also, if you stand in the mirror, completely relaxed, does one shoulder appear lower than the other?

Yes, but it's because my left upper trap is a lot tighter... like I can "force" it downwards to be level with the right.

What are you troubleshooting for, unequal leg lengths?

casualbb said:
Yes, but it's because my left upper trap is a lot tighter... like I can "force" it downwards to be level with the right.

What are you troubleshooting for, unequal leg lengths?

No, pelvic rotation. Legs that are actually unequal in length due to bone discrepancies is an incredibly rare deformity. Your legs may appear unequal, but it's because of muscular imbalance. As you know, bones go where muscles tell them.

Check out this page, and look at "condition 2." Of course this can be to varying degrees, so you probably don't look just like the picture.

It's too hard to tell which I am... I don't exactly watch myself in the 3rd person.

Man I need to find a good PT and just have them watch me for a little while. My gym blows

casualbb said:
It's too hard to tell which I am... I don't exactly watch myself in the 3rd person.

Man I need to find a good PT and just have them watch me for a little while. My gym blows

I think you're making it a bit too difficult :)

Your shoulders are at different heights, no? That's the very definition of "asymmetry." It doesn't matter if you can "force it down," there's a reason your trap is tight. Resting position is what matters. You can make both feet point straight forward if you want, but that doesn't mean they'll stay there.

You could very well have some condition 1 symptoms as well, as many people do (and especially weightlifters), but its best to get condition 2 out of the way before you tackle anything else.

does your school have a strength coach for any of its sports teams? i would try to find out when they use the gym and see if he/she wouldnt mind taking a look at your form..the other alternative is to post a clip

I'd go to a reputable chiropractor if I were you. If your spine is even slightly out of whack it can cause tons of weird, troubling and often painful problems. A good chiropractor is your friend. You will be happy to fork over the 40-50 bucks a visit once a week or every 2 weeks when you have no pain, feel good and lift good. As for you knee, Hmm? Could be: Knees going to far past toe, knees not tracking properly in same direction as foot position, trying to squat with feet straight ahead, should have some outward tilt, bouncing in the bottom, knee caving in on the way up, squatting in crap shoes that cause your foot to roll over slightly outward or inward when using heavy weights(have to by new gym shoes for this very reason).

Top Bottom