Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

persistant left knee pain from squatting

casualbb

Plat Hero
Platinum
Everytime I squat my left knee aches for sometimes days afterwards. This is really getting bothersome, I hate to think I could be doing incremental damage to my soft tissue.

Any advice?

I don't know... I've had people watch me and tell me it's okay, but my gym doesn't really have any gurus. It's just a crappy college gym

Something feels wrong, and I can tell I usually shift weight around

ART
Rest
Ice
(anti-inflammatories)

casualbb said:
Everytime I squat my left knee aches for sometimes days afterwards. This is really getting bothersome, I hate to think I could be doing incremental damage to my soft tissue.

Any advice?

Try bringing your stance out wide, and butt back first, aka powerlifter style.

Even better box squat. My left knee is in bad shape, needs surgery, and box squatting allows me to squat pain free. I personally think it's the only thing saving my knee right now.

casualbb said:
I don't know... I've had people watch me and tell me it's okay, but my gym doesn't really have any gurus. It's just a crappy college gym

are you squatting ATF? when coming out of the hole try pushing out on your knees (think of it as spreading the floor with your feet)

casualbb said:

do you have a digital camera? you could get someone to video it, and post it up. you could get some form feedback that way. also, every college has a strength coach. sure, they are for the athletes (not sure if you play a collegiate sport or not) but if they are there because the are a true strength coach, and you can get a hold of them, they might be able to go to the gym with you, and give you better feedback on form than the people in the gym.

I changed stuff around today based on the suggestions

I was doing a stance narrower even than shoulder width

Switched to a little wider than shoulder width, and now I spread my knees so that I come down between the knees more than on top of them.

I feel it a little less in my quads, but then again my knee was totally pain-free today. Plus I can handle more weight :D no complaints there.

Thanks dudes

Top Bottom