Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

periods weight gain

Aloha76

it seems like maybe my horomones are off possibly? I tend to lean out pretty easy..the only problem is after a few months, after really light periods, my body just goes into a weird mode where I am hungry ALL the time and pretty much eat everything in sight, and lose all my progress..I usually get a really heavy period after this..I am just sick of this cycle, because everytime I get to where I am my body just goes back to cushiony pear shaped..I am so confused and frustrated..input anyone?

Hello and welcome.

I notice that I get serious food cravings before my period as well, usually for chocolate.

There are a couple of things I think that are necessary to get to the reality of what is happening with you

1. Get some blood work done, gonadotrophins, Thyroid function test, oestrogen/oestradiol and progesterone, either 2-5 or 21 days after your period has started.

2. Take a few measurements at regular intervals through the month and see what actually is happening, so weight, tape measure, bodyfat, and photos are handy.

3. If you weigh yourself in the morning after you wee, and then at night, you will know how much water you put on normally day to day (cause you will).

I am just asking you this as I am curious as to how you go from lean to fat in a matter of a week.

I am sure some of the other ladies will be along with advice on other things to have your mood stabilise.

I know the healthier my diet is, the fewer cravings and mood swings I get.

it seems like maybe my horomones are off possibly? I tend to lean out pretty easy..the only problem is after a few months, after really light periods, my body just goes into a weird mode where I am hungry ALL the time and pretty much eat everything in sight, and lose all my progress..I usually get a really heavy period after this..I am just sick of this cycle, because everytime I get to where I am my body just goes back to cushiony pear shaped..I am so confused and frustrated..input anyone?

Hi and welcome!

You defenitely need to have your hormones checked. You appeared to have them off as you said. You also seemed to be retaining water, but you have to stop the cycle b/c if you do that every month, eventually it will turn into fat and you will not make any progress. Also, see what's trigering your binges. You might have to have a check on your diet as well.
Can you post what you eat and drink throughout the day and the time you eat it? and I mean everything!!

thanks for the replies!!! my typical diet is:

meal 1:
1 cup dry oatmeal with 1 cup blueberries w/scoop of vanilla whey

meal 2: salmon or grilled chicken with vegetables and 1/2 c. brown rice

meal 3: plain nonfat greek yogurt

meal 4: grilled chicken with vegetables and some olive oil

meal 5: hard boiled egg whites

around my period I always crave sugar and the most fatty foods, and stray far away from this diet..The day I get my period my appetite diminishes..I wonder if birth control pill would work?

meal 1:

around my period I always crave sugar and the most fatty foods, and stray far away from this diet..The day I get my period my appetite diminishes..I wonder if birth control pill would work?

The source of your diet is pretty good. However, it doesn't seem you're having enough food; protein/carbs/fat. I recommend a meal instead of a yogurt on meal #3; by the time you have the grilled chicken, too much time has passed and you're most likely too hungry.
Also, could you have the shake by itself and have egg whites with your oatmeal? (with a yolk if you prefer)
Add yams to meal #4.

How about fish and vegetables for meal #5? Having 17.5 g of protein to last you till the next day is not enough

Like I said your hormones might be off, but in the meantime in order to not trigger any binges, it might help if you space your meals every 2 hours or so in order not to get hungry and wait a while for the next feeding.
I wouldn't go on the pill just because you eat too much around your period. Those are hormones and is not necessary the type of hormones you need. That's the reason I like Bioidintical Hormones because they are customed to each individual.

I also used to crave sugar around my period when I was younger, combined with mood swings and depression, but my hormones were off and didn't know it.

meal 1:

I think it has to do with the changes that go in our bodies when our period comes. As you know we loose important nutrients such as calcium and minerals. Therefore our body tries to compensate for such loss and start working harder... some people experience that as cravings and/or imbalances of energy.

There are some vitamins that are called Fitness Women from Universal. These vitamins come in packets and there are 8 specific packs for the days that you are in your period. I'm sure that there are other brands too.

The important thing is that before thinking to solve the problem by taking more hormones (birth control) you target what you are loosing in every period.

You may want to check also if the amount of activities is the same during your period, you may try lowering a notch on your workout days to compensate and balance your energy.

Hope this helps

Top Bottom