Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

on my period..sigh

*ebony*

just got my period and i feel like crap :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried: .
i'm snapping at everyone around me and then i feel horrible for doing so. went out and rented some movies:love and basketball, ever after and the notebook. i cried buckets watched the notebook agian and cried another bucket. i'm a mess and just wanted to now if you ladies workout during this cursed time, :evil: should i just keep working out as normal?

I am much older then you are, but I used to feel really aweful when I had my menstrual period. However I quickly learned that if I got up went to the gym, worked hard, I'd feel a lot better. The initial getting up and starting will be tough, but if you do that every month, you'll get the hang of it, rather then mourning the dead, if you know what I mean.

thandie said:
I am much older then you are, but I used to feel really aweful when I had my menstrual period. However I quickly learned that if I got up went to the gym, worked hard, I'd feel a lot better. The initial getting up and starting will be tough, but if you do that every month, you'll get the hang of it, rather then mourning the dead, if you know what I mean.

I never had a REALLY rough time during my period but on those days when I didn't feel all that great, Thandie is correct. Once I got myself to the gym I did feel better AFTER my workout, both physically and MENTALLY.

Matter of fact I've had to deal with a lot of personal issues that have caused SEVERE depression. Every single time I get *nuts* I drag my ass or my hubby literally kicks or drags my ass to the gym. My mind get so calmed and when I pound my body for the first few minutes, any tension I felt was INSTANTLY gone....

BIKINIMOM said:
I never had a REALLY rough time during my period but on those days when I didn't feel all that great, Thandie is correct. Once I got myself to the gym I did feel better AFTER my workout, both physically and MENTALLY.

Matter of fact I've had to deal with a lot of personal issues that have caused SEVERE depression. Every single time I get *nuts* I drag my ass or my hubby literally kicks or drags my ass to the gym. My mind get so calmed and when I pound my body for the first few minutes, any tension I felt was INSTANTLY gone....

That is correct too, Bikinimom! I used to go through deppression and didn't want to leave the house for days. Once I started working out my deppression was subsiding to the point where I never went through a depression period like I did in the past. Now, I have my bad days, but they only last hours, if so. So, is a win-win with working out..

thandie said:
That is correct too, Bikinimom! I used to go through deppression and didn't want to leave the house for days. Once I started working out my deppression was subsiding to the point where I never went through a depression period like I did in the past. Now, I have my bad days, but they only last hours, if so. So, is a win-win with working out..

There you have it ladies - now three of us (Ms Ebony Curves included) have testified to THE FACT that getting yourself moving even a little bit will ALWAYS make you feel better.

Whatever the activity is, just get yourself out there. We all know how hard it is to *just do it* when you feel like crap but perhaps if you think about how much better you will feel once you are out there doing "whatever" it will be just that much easier to actually *just do it*. :heart:

For me the big thing is preventative maintenance with PMS. The stuff you do or don't do in the month before you get your period is what really impacts your mood and how you physically feel when it does hit. Sticking with regular exercise and getting rid of refined sugar and flour has made the most profound positive changes.

i fell like crap on my period and get a lot of pain too, but found out that going to the gyn helps with both.
I snap at everything and everyonr. The initial get up to go is hard but once i get back i am a new person.
To exrecise helps greatly with the pain.
I wonder how it would be if men got period too?

i fell like crap on my period and get a lot of pain too, but found out that going to the gyn helps with both.
I snap at everything and everyonr. The initial get up to go is hard but once i get back i am a new person.
To exrecise helps greatly with the pain.
I wonder how it would be if men got period too?

i hate my period, it doesn't even affect some of my friends in anyway. she'd feel like any other day. i don't get heavy cycles, yet it effects my mood dramatically and my lower back kills me! it super duper hard for me get make myself do anything when i'm on my Per. much less workout, but it really does help.

lol @ a guy dealing with periods. oh i'd like to see one deal with being pregnant!

Interesting never gone to the gym on my period.... didn't think it was good for my body to lift weight while on period, but you ladies seem to feel good so I'll look into it ^_^

Top Bottom