Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

No cheat meal vs. cheat meal + cardio to make up for it

It scares me to read so many posts advocating against cheat days and refeeds. Leptin is an important hormone and manipulating it can help you lose fat more consistantly on top of helping you to keep it off once you lose it. The biggest problem I see facing most people is the fact that they think they should diet like the pros because they seem to get lean without cheat days. Unfortunately they fail to realize that the pros do all of this hardcore dieting for a single day, then once the show is over they go back to eating and gain a few % bodyfat back within a short time.

Most of us on this board aren't cutting for a single day of our lives, we're cutting for a longer term goal whether it be all summer or forever. When you diet with this goal in mind you simply can't do what the pros do and expect to keep it off. I can guarantee you by the time the pros have gotten down to their 3-4% bodyfat that their metabolisms are absolutely shot and it'd be near impossible for them to keep it off afterwards even if they wanted to. I think if you guys saw what the pros looked like as little as a week or two after a show you'd be shocked to see how much different they look than they did in the show.

By doing controlled refeeds once a week and even up to twice a week as you get leaner, you will keep leptin levels high which will allow you to diet longer and keep your body from triggering it's starvation mode. That starvation mode is what will eventually lead to plateus. If you keep refeeding you will not hit a plateu and that's the whole idea. On top of that, keeping leptin levels up will help change your body's setpoint so that once you get lean you will have an easier time keeping it. Think of it as preparing your body to stay leaner. The higher your leptin levels are when you reach your goal, the better chance of you keeping that shape. If you hit your goal of whatever bodyfat % and your leptin levels are in the dirt I can guarantee you will struggle to keep the weight off.

Once and for all, refeeds, and more specifically "controlled" refeeds are NOT the enemy. They will help you both physically, hormonally and phsycologically. It's all a mind game, after refeeding with carbs you gain a lot of water weight back and it makes people think they gained fat back. You simply can't put on that much fat in a single day people, think logically about it.

Do some research on Leptin on the net and you will see the benefits of this. This refeeding is why CKD's have worked so well for people without them realizing it. They think the carb-up day is only refilling muscle glycogen, but in fact it also raises leptin levels which keeps them from plateuing. Keep this carb-up/refeed in ANY diet and you will see great results with it.

I think if you guys saw what the pros looked like as little as a week or two after a show you'd be shocked to see how much different they look than they did in the show.

It's all a mind game, after refeeding with carbs you gain a lot of water weight back and it makes people think they gained fat back. You simply can't put on that much fat in a single day people, think logically about it.

Two VERY good points. I know a national competetor " XXXXXXXXXXXXX " who cliamed he gianed 38 pounds back in 9 days after a show. I myself gianed 12 pounds after a week in Cancun. Although most of it was water, it can still be devistating to your mind.

Top Bottom