Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newbie with a few questions on diet

hayrab

Hello I just started working out with the 1 year membership I just got through my work. My dad used to be a gym nut so Ive just been following his advice. Im 6'5 300 and lookin to shed quite a few pounds :) Currently Im doing this for diet (remember this is just a beginners diet no flames please :)

Breakfast(hour before workout 10:00am)
Whey Protein Shake, Fresh Vegetables

Lunch(hour after workout 1:00pm)
Whey Protein Shake, Fresh Vegetables, Mixed Fruit

Mid day (around 4:00pm)
Can of lite tuna fish

Dinner (around 9:00pm)
Chicken salad, fish, potatoes etc...

Ive been told to drop the mixed fruit because its high in sugar and to maybe add some eggs and oatmeal in for breakfast. Any ideas? Im working out 6 days a week with cardio before every workout.

Thanks,
Harb

Of course that will be water weight mostly. Oatmeal is a good carb source to get your day started, maybe through in some egg whites with it. (The liquid egg whites work good.) Generally you're better off eating more solid protein than protein mix. Many people recommend having a protein shake w/ l-glutamine w/in 45 minutes after a workout and then eat some real food 60-90 min after that. Get your carbs mostly from fibrous vegetables like broccoli and spinach, though yams/sweet potatoes & brown rice should also be thrown in for some carbs to "run" on. Also make sure you get some good quality fats in there - fish is obviously a good source, and flax seed oil will help LOTS. You can mix it in protein mix and its not as nasty to get down. Also drink LOTS of water, e.g. 1-2 gallons/day. And of course, a good multivitamin.

Top Bottom