Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New to Powerlifting Equipment Help??

bodybuildingislife1 said:
Thanks vulgar...and w8lifterchick. I think i may just use the singlet...the meet is local KY area and is an "equipped" meet. Do you guys think that is ok for the first time just to use a singlet? And if i get my ass clobbered by guys with suits..which i have a feeling will happen.. i might consider the suit.

I squat all the way down (hamstings touching calves) however i do know that PL is only to slightly below parallel which feels kinda funky to me..(i don't know when i am at the right depth)

I bench with a slgiht pause to get a max eccentric contraction with the pecs...however the rulebook for this meet said it is up the descretion whether is a pause or not....??

Ohhh one more thing i deadlift conventional....some guys were telling me i should do sumo....i have never messed with that...looks uncomfortable...any suggestions???

I APPRECIATE THE HELP ENTIRELY THANKS AGAIN!! ;)

You're welcome.
Is it an APA meet? Is wade johnson the meet director?
Whatever your numbers are, don't worry- you're only competing against yourself. If its your first meet- you aren't there to win- you're there to learn and do your best. nothing more.
If you've never pulled sumo, i don't think you should pull that way for the meet. My page in my exercise directory for sumo deadlifts is currently in need of repair, but you can find descriptions all over and start trying it.

w8lifterchick said:
You're welcome.
Is it an APA meet? Is wade johnson the meet director?
Whatever your numbers are, don't worry- you're only competing against yourself. If its your first meet- you aren't there to win- you're there to learn and do your best. nothing more.
If you've never pulled sumo, i don't think you should pull that way for the meet. My page in my exercise directory for sumo deadlifts is currently in need of repair, but you can find descriptions all over and start trying it.

No its N.A.S.A??? Yeah you have a point it is all against yourself. Anyway thanks for the tip no sumo DL for me! Is NASA a good fed? I mean once you compete... do you have to belong to the fed?

bodybuildingislife1 said:
No its N.A.S.A??? Yeah you have a point it is all against yourself. Anyway thanks for the tip no sumo DL for me! Is NASA a good fed? I mean once you compete... do you have to belong to the fed?

you'll have to belong to enter- they'll sign you up.
Don't know where you are, but here's info on another meet in KY. The director and his wife are friends of mine- good people and they put on the best meets in town:

2004 APA Kentucky State Powerlifting Championships
Saturday September 18, 2004

Location: Showtime’s Gym, 117 Clark St. , Henderson, KY 42420, (270) 830-7209
(Henderson, Ky is near Evansville, IN and close to Indiana and Illinois state lines.)

Meet Director: Wade Johnson (615) 782-4036, [email protected]

Thanks for the info w8lfterchick...i might check that one out seeing as it is a little closer than the NASA one....I just have one more question....i know you guys are like DAMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNN hahah...Anyway I was reviewing the rules and came across the 11 lifting cards??? Can you explain these in laymans terms...it says you have to write the weight you will use but then have a official change it or...hell im confused!

:worried: :newbie: :)

Top Bottom