Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

new to forum, advice needed on program

perfectlycrazy

Hello! I am new to the forum and 9M into resistance training. I started in October and am loving it and the results but I think it is time I stepped it up a notch and am looking for advice. My beginning stats were as follows. 5'3" 108, 21.5% BF, currently I am at 106 and somewhere between 14-15% BF. I do have a trainer I meet with every 4-6 weeks to start new programs but I don't think he takes me seriously enough to really get me great results. He still has me doing a total body workout each time. I do this approx. 4 times a week; everyother day if I can. My diet is about 90%. I do need to add in more veggies and cut out my protein bar 'problem' (why do they make them taste so good!)

The current program he has me doing is as follows:

chest press (all 3 sets;15 reps)
hack squat
calf raises
tricep pulldown w/ rope
incline bicep curls
ab crunches on the ball (75)
upright rows
long pull

After each two exercises I do 5 minutes of hard cardio

I also do lunges with 20lb. dumbells and an ab. program

As stated above I am fairly new to this and am looking for advice. My goal is to develop a physique similar to Jelena Djordjevic. Thanks in advance!!

First off, congrats on the BF% drop! That's fantastic. I Definitely think a change is good for you as far as your workout...

Curious as to what your macro breakdown is (Protein/Carb/Fat)? Calorie intake? What are you currently eating? Do you use a tracker like www.fitday.com ?

You say you do a total body workout approx. 4 times a week ... Can you do one body part a day? What split would work well with your schedule? Trying to establish your availability to fit it in to your current lifestyle etc...

:rose:

Great job ... :D

perfectlycrazy said:
As stated above I am fairly new to this and am looking for advice. My goal is to develop a physique similar to Jelena Djordjevic. Thanks in advance!!

Well what does your physique look like now, do you have a similar body type to Jelena?

Also you said your trainer has you doing a full body work out, how long have you been training that way, and did you ask him why you have the program, what is it for?

There are many ways to train, for different purposes. Like I just did 2 comps and my trainer has be doing day 1 all upper body and day 2 all lower body, rest 1 day and repeat. But there's a reason for it!

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses! I do track what I eat but not on Fitday although I took a look at that sight and will start to track using that method. I currently eat between 1250-1500 calories a day. I do eat roughly 100g of protein daily and have elimated processed carbs. I only real carbs I eat are veggies,oatmeal and whole wheat high fiber tortillas and the occasional protein bar which I have given up today ( I was treating them like candy ). For protein sources I eat chicken, fish and when needed whey protein shakes. For fats I eat almonds, flax seed oil etc. I have starting limiting the carbs to mainly in the AM and early PM and protein and fats at night.
One area where I am lacking is cardio. I go in spurts. I just don't like it and if I'm short on time I will skimp there. I work for myself, am married and have two small boys so time is sometimes hard to come by.
I can post a pic of my progress to date. How do I do that? I will also speak with my trainer tonight about splitting up body parts. I think he started off my viewing me as the typical woman at our gym who just wants to 'tone' and I want to kick it up a notch or two. Thanks for your help ladies!

measurements:
back shoulder tip to shoulder tip 19"
chest 35"
waist 25"
hips 33"
hip bone 31"
around belly button 28"
thigh 19 1/2"
calf 12 1/2"
forearm 9"
bicep 9 1/2'

forgot to mention that due to several surgeries in my twenties I take estratest and have had my abs cut three times. two horizontal and one vertical (up one inch past belly button) makes flat beautiful abs a little more difficult

Top Bottom