Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

new here... any advice??

rnichole

So, I figure its time to start taking care of myself, AGAIN.. ( I was recently called out by a very good friend of mine). I am by no means unhappy with how I look now, BUT I know I could be happier. I suppose I am here more so for the physiological side effects of getting in shape more so than the physical alone.

I have 2 kids a VERY stressful job, and it is all taking a toll on me.

Right now3 i am between 155-165; 5'4" size 8. ... but I do have alot of muscle left over from my pre-kids athletic days.. Ready to bring that side of me back out...

I am not into fast food, and really am not all that into sweets and stuff like that. Sushi and Pho' are my weaknesses, so i guess thats not too bad.

I recently cut out my alcohol intake completely, and that has already made a difference in how I feel, not to mention the calories..

My only medical concern is that i have a back that will give me issues from time to time. No, I'm lying. It hurst every day. BUT... with the right core training I am hoping that I can solve that issue as well.

Basically I am here for support b/c this is new to me. I havent worked ou tin about 6 or 7 years, so i need a good source of knowledge and motivation. Someplace i can ask all those dumb questions, ya know??

Such as: where do i get my body fat %???

welcome aboard. if you haven't checked them out already, take a look at the sticky posts throughout the forums; many can help you find the details you're looking for.

Welcome to ef! Most gyms can test your bf%. If not you caould buy a scale that does but that really only give you a rough average!

Hi and welcome

I really like the accumeasure calipers, they can be purchased on line, one site measurement and, like the name suggests, quite accurate.

Hey there girl,
I'm kinda new here too, welcome aboard there are lots of great people and info here. I'm a personal trainer and Figure competitor I'd be more than happy to make some suggestions and help w/diet and work outs for you, get back to me with your goals, current diet and workout schedule etc... you should be able to get BF test done at your local gym or even better is a dunk test if you can find a place that does them... they seem to be most accurate, if your BF is that big a factor for you. It seems to me you want to get back in the mainstream of ahealthy fit life-style, am I correct?
I'm here if you wanna use me... I mean if you want my help... :)
Hope to hear from you soon, check out my profile, we have alot in common...
Amie

rnichole said:
So, I figure its time to start taking care of myself, AGAIN.. ( I was recently called out by a very good friend of mine). I am by no means unhappy with how I look now, BUT I know I could be happier. I suppose I am here more so for the physiological side effects of getting in shape more so than the physical alone.

I have 2 kids a VERY stressful job, and it is all taking a toll on me.

Right now3 i am between 155-165; 5'4" size 8. ... but I do have alot of muscle left over from my pre-kids athletic days.. Ready to bring that side of me back out...

I am not into fast food, and really am not all that into sweets and stuff like that. Sushi and Pho' are my weaknesses, so i guess thats not too bad.

I recently cut out my alcohol intake completely, and that has already made a difference in how I feel, not to mention the calories..

My only medical concern is that i have a back that will give me issues from time to time. No, I'm lying. It hurst every day. BUT... with the right core training I am hoping that I can solve that issue as well.

Basically I am here for support b/c this is new to me. I havent worked ou tin about 6 or 7 years, so i need a good source of knowledge and motivation. Someplace i can ask all those dumb questions, ya know??

Such as: where do i get my body fat %???

Top Bottom