Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some advise.

onahellride

Evening ladies....
I am New here and new to powerlifting. Been going to the gym regular since December. Had a lot of work to do to get my weight down and get fit, well closer to fit anyway. I am 38 and have never worked out before December. The only supplimemts I have used are 1mr, roxylean, no explode and clen. Currently use clen and 1mr on gym days. My bench is 135, squat is 140 (work sets, not sure of max yet) and deadlift is 265. I want to try some better stuff but ain't sure where to even start. Weight is 226. Height is 5'10" Diet is pretty clean.I don't care to compete but my goal is to just to see how strong I can get.

Any advise would be appreciated. Oh yeah and being a single mom with 2 kids money is tight.

Thanks y'all.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using EliteFitness

Welcome!!!

The first thing i'd strongly recommend is dropping the clen. Please! You're already increasing your heart rate with the 1mr and no xplode. The clen is just adding to that effect, taxing ur heart which is already being taxed by the supps, the newness of working out, and your current weight. I'm not trying to be an asshole here, I just want to warn u that clen can mess u up. If you're eating right, the weight will come off. I know u probably wanna hurry the process and clen will help that to an extent, but I just wouldn't wanna take that risk.

At any rate, glad to see you posting up! :)

No offense taken. Like I said all advise welcome. Doc says my heart is healthy and he is aware of the clen (not happy but aware) So I am taking care. Current weight is not an issue though. I am just thick. I do back biceps on tuesday, chest triceps Wednesday, legs and shoulders on Thursdays. Abs and cardio every day.
Thanks again

No offense taken. Like I said all advise welcome. Doc says my heart is healthy and he is aware of the clen (not happy but aware) So I am taking care. Current weight is not an issue though. I am just thick. I do back biceps on tuesday, chest triceps Wednesday, legs and shoulders on Thursdays. Abs and cardio every day.
Thanks again

Ok. I just wanted to make sure u were being smart about it. :)

Curious about ur training split... I try to lift like a powerlifter but do BB shit too. Anyway... If ur looking to move those weights up on core strength moves, u might wanna split body parts up further and only do back on back day, chest on chest day, and legs on leg day. Those r my splits and then I have another day for shoulders and another day for bis and tris. This way, I can focus on going heavy on deads, presses, and squats without having up worry about those smaller muscles after training do heavily. Plus, those smaller muscles get work on those big lift days anyway-- on chest day, for example, u work ur tris. On back, u work ur bis. Leg day, ur working ur shoulders just keeping tr bar on ur back when squatting. Just an option for ya. ;)

Thanks again

I don't think your supplement protocol is the problem. Although I am certainly not a fan of clen and think you should reconsider using it. I think your training needs to be tuned for strength. Your kind of training like a bb instead of a powerlifter. In powerlifting the goal is to build the 3 lifts, and training needs to be geared towards that. The training for the main lifts are done with heavy weight and low reps. The assistance work is trained with light weight and high reps. Instead of training a bodypart, we train muscle groups. Upper body is trained together and so is lowerbody. For instance, on heavy upper day bench is the focus and all tricep,back, and shoulder work are aimed at improving the bench press. On lower day,the focus is on building the squat and dl, with all assistance work aimed at improving the posterior chain and core strength. A basic and effective powerlifting template is Jim Wendlers 531. You can find it on elitefts or Amazon. I highly suggest you find other powerlifters in your area to train with. You can go on powerliftingwatch.com and search gyms in your area that cater to powerlifters. If powerlifting is something you enjoy, than I suggest competing. Its a great way to meet like minded people and put your work to the test. It also alot of fun. If you want to know anything feel free to ask.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom