Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need serious advice and reevaluation of my routine...no weight loss after 3 year

alih92

I'm 18, 5'9".

I started lifting in 9th grade all the way through 12th but never took it seriously and I've fucked around with various diets (keto, carbs only in the morning, 40/40/20, etc) I would end up losing around 8-10 lbs and not be able to hold out and I'd gain the weight back and sometimes more (only about a 2-4 lbs). I went from 180 to 200 (as of today).

2 months ago I settled down stuck with a program, Starting Strength, and increased my squat 70lbs and did cardio 3x a week (hit) and went from 200 to 188 until my knees gave out.

I've been diagnosed with Patellar Femoral Syndrome, I've had it for around a year (damn lunges) but its at the point where it hurts too much after working out and I can't walk up stairs or down or lifting my leg up to get into the shower, or even drive without pain.

Today, I read that the aspartame in diet coke leads to degeneartive loss of bone and can shut down your thyroid, I had a legitimate soda addiction and I switched over to diet coke and have been drinking it for the last 3 years now (3-4 cans a day). I need to kick this habit, any advice?

I'm starting physical therapy tomorrow. As of now all I do is stretching everday, and LISS elliptical or the machine that's like an eliptical + stepper + treadmill...for 30 minutes a day with an avg heart rate of 168.

Is this too much?
Also I need a strict diet, could someone please help me on this?

I'm at a low point in my life with my health and all this has put great stress on me, I've realized I need to change because I know I have the potential to do so if I actually put the work in, but now I have a serious health issue, my weight puts too much stress on my knees and I need to lose the fat.

Yes losing weight would be a great idea to relieve some pain on your knees. Eat a small meal every 2-3 hours and do cardio once or twice a day. Do this consistently and you will lose weight. You can have a cheat meal once every 4-5 days if you need to.

I would also just suggest mind over matter when it comes to the soda addiction. there is nothing (as far as i know) that is in soda that makes your body addicted to it. it looks like it is a mental addiction. everytime you want to drink a soda, just tell yourself that it is very bad to do so and that it is for the best that you dont. if your top priority is health then a temporary taste takes a back seat.

Yes losing weight would be a great idea to relieve some pain on your knees. Eat a small meal every 2-3 hours and do cardio once or twice a day. Do this consistently and you will lose weight. You can have a cheat meal once every 4-5 days if you need to.

I would also just suggest mind over matter when it comes to the soda addiction. there is nothing (as far as i know) that is in soda that makes your body addicted to it. it looks like it is a mental addiction. everytime you want to drink a soda, just tell yourself that it is very bad to do so and that it is for the best that you dont. if your top priority is health then a temporary taste takes a back seat.

Last time I checked there WAS caffeine in soda, I'm also trying to ween myself from it.

Although, I need a bit of a boost, tomorrow I plan to buy some caffeine pills and start taking a multi vitamin, my diet is not the most healthy and it needs to change. I wanna make up for the lack of nutrients/vitamins/minerals with a multi. Any you recommend? I've personally been looking at the AST 32x vitamin.

Lastly, muscle isn't my primary concern, my body type is that of a bulky person (endomorph) so I plan to do only cardio (liss and on weekends, max incline walking, 30 minutes both). I also make sure to do ab work everyday.

How does that sound?

Lastly...
This is the meal plan that seems best for myself:

Breakfast 7 AM
2 Wheat
1 Slice Processed American
3 Slices Turkey
1 oz Honey Mustard

Lunch 11 AM
Same as breakfast

Pre Workout 3 PM
Handful of Nuts
Banana

Post Workout - 4 PM
2 Scoops Whey
Banana

Post W/O Meal 5-6 PM
Chicken Breast
1/2 Cup Rice
?????What are some good vegetables that aren't carb filled?????

Dinner 8-9
Same as Post W/O Meal

Last time I checked there WAS caffeine in soda, I'm also trying to ween myself from it.

Although, I need a bit of a boost, tomorrow I plan to buy some caffeine pills and start taking a multi vitamin, my diet is not the most healthy and it needs to change. I wanna make up for the lack of nutrients/vitamins/minerals with a multi. Any you recommend? I've personally been looking at the AST 32x vitamin.

check out dx7 for multivitamins, it is made by protein factory. caffeine pills would be a great idea to avoid soda.

check out dx7 for multivitamins, it is made by protein factory. caffeine pills would be a great idea to avoid soda.

Thank you, also...
What are some vegetables that I can eat, if I'm already getting my carbs from rice along with my chicken.

My biggest problem is that I depend too much on other people, my health is my own problem and I wanna take full responsibility and control over it so no more of my parents' cooking.

What are some ways to prepare chicken breasts, I have a pan and a George foreman-esque grill.

Whenever I've tried to cook the breasts on a grill or a pan is that they tend to stick and not cook right :Chef: damn I need some advice :eek:

Oh yeah, forgot one more thing, what is the Glycemic Index, does it work, is it real, and how can it help me?

Thank you, also...
What are some vegetables that I can eat, if I'm already getting my carbs from rice along with my chicken.

My biggest problem is that I depend too much on other people, my health is my own problem and I wanna take full responsibility and control over it so no more of my parents' cooking.

What are some ways to prepare chicken breasts, I have a pan and a George foreman-esque grill.

Whenever I've tried to cook the breasts on a grill or a pan is that they tend to stick and not cook right :Chef: damn I need some advice :eek:

do you have an oven? cooking chicken is easy with an oven, put it on 350 degrees F and cook for 30 minutes. cut open before eating to make sure it is fully cooked.

as for vegetables, broccoli is a great choice. spinach is good too.

Oh yeah, forgot one more thing, what is the Glycemic Index, does it work, is it real, and how can it help me?

the glycemic index indicates how quickly a carb breaks down into glucose and enters your blood. the higher it is on the index the faster it breaks down. the lower the slower it breaks down. you want low glycemic foods. high glycemic foods like sugar or pizza or bread made with flour fills the blood up with a lot more glucose at a single time than a low glycemic food like ezekiel bread does and there is a greater chance for fat storage. there is also a higher insulin response.

Any good low GI besides Ezekial bread, I might have some trouble getting that

vegetables are the best. since you are trying to lose weight i would eat vegetables as much as possible and limit other carb sources. i would say that pre and post lifting are the primary times to eat rice or carb sources similar to this. also maybe first thing in the morning for a metabolic boost. but make sure to keep it a SMALL amount of rice. small means enough to get your metabolic rate going and out of starvation mode, but small enough to force your body to use stored fat as energy. i would define small as about 15-30 g of carbs. the rest of your carb meals should be vegetables, that would be best. and make sure to not eat any carbs at least 4 hours before bed. so if you go to bed at 11 pm your last carb meal should be no later than 7 pm.

Top Bottom