Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need a good Split

housemusik83

this is my current ...

Mon chest tris
tues legs
wed back and bis
thur off
fri delts traps
sat off
sun off

Need to switch things up, and need to amphasis on my bis and tris as they are lacking... Open to any

And on a completely diff note there my personnal fav, Strong Lifts 5x5!:evil:
Super strength and super size all in one package!

this is my current ...

Mon chest tris
tues legs
wed back and bis
thur off
fri delts traps
sat off
sun off

Need to switch things up, and need to amphasis on my bis and tris as they are lacking... Open to any

I devote a full day to bis. If you're going to combine, back is the most logical thing as they're both pulling excercises, but i've always felt that my bis don't get an adequate workout if I do back first. Starting with bis and then switching to back later will change that equation, but then your back excercises could suffer.

Are you only able to do a three day per week schedule? Adding an extra day could allow you to focus on your bis and tris exclusively.

My schedule:

Sun: Chest/Tris
Mon: Bis
Tues: Off
Wed: Legs
Thurs: Delts/Traps
Fri: Off
Sat: Back

Mon- Chest
Tues- Shoulders
Wed- Bi
Thurs- Tri
Fri- Back
Sat- Legs
Sun- Off

again.. compound movements will work the same muscles together. bench press will work chest and tri's together. incline will work chest, shoulders, tri's. you don't need to separate them on different days. you can kill 3 birds with 1 stone.

learn to use compound lifts and combine those muscles on the same day.

push/pull/legs is a better way. try it.

this is my current ...

Mon chest tris
tues legs
wed back and bis
thur off
fri delts traps
sat off
sun off

I don't know what exercises you're doing but I've always found narrow grip dips, chins, pull ups and handstand push ups (even narrow regular push ups with weight) work great for the arms. Like Steve said kill several birds with one stone, changing your grip width can place more emphasis on your arms.

again.. compound movements will work the same muscles together. bench press will work chest and tri's together. incline will work chest, shoulders, tri's. you don't need to separate them on different days. you can kill 3 birds with 1 stone.

Agree, but I just don't have the energy that I use to to do multiple body parts in same day. That's why I try to keep rest days between chest and tri, and back and bi.

Great advice but I dont think they get it. When you work push and pull moves your arms are used the entire time. There is no reason to devote a whole training session to bis or tris. The reason most of you are to tired to do these together is because your not recovering enough. Unless you have 15 years + consistent training you dont need more than 4 days a week. For beginners less is better. Keep it basic and simple , and you will be fine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

Top Bottom