Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Wife would like your help...

Bostonian

My wife is new to the dieting and working out lifestyle, to be honest, she just never needed too. She eats good, but wants to start eating better. Right now I am away on business for a few months and she asked me for some dieting and workout help. The workout was easy, but the eating is a different story. She is doing a lot of Cardio and is looking for balance and looking to lose 20 lbs (I think it's too much, but this is what she said) Here are her stats:

32 Y/O
160 lbs
5' 8"
45 min. cardio everyday.
Active Mother (Never sits around)

She is wondering (and so am I) if she should go for a high protein, low carb or what. Well, I appreciate any input and help you Ladies can give from your own experiences!!

Thanks a lot!!

I think a lot of women benefit from eating a little bit of protein in every meal, so really, a higher protein diet.

It is usually a big missing for most women.

Really, a lot of 'dieting' is more about portion control, calories in and calories out.

I think for a general healthy diet that you can live with, there is no logic in cutting out any one of the macronutrients of protein, carbs or fat.

There are some sample diets in the stickies in the top 'Link to top threads', and the thread 'help to sort out your diet' has a great shopping list in it.

Tatyana said:
I think a lot of women benefit from eating a little bit of protein in every meal, so really, a higher protein diet.

It is usually a big missing for most women.

Really, a lot of 'dieting' is more about portion control, calories in and calories out.

I think for a general healthy diet that you can live with, there is no logic in cutting out any one of the macronutrients of protein, carbs or fat.

There are some sample diets in the stickies in the top 'Link to top threads', and the thread 'help to sort out your diet' has a great shopping list in it.

Exactly and get her weight training

weight training will help to burn calories and just check out some of the diets listed on the site...not sure what her idea of "clean" is now so post up her stuff and let us know so we can give better advice...and yes...CARDIO works wonders!!!

I would imagine that if she would do relatively high reps in resistance training, she would see herself toning up alot and losing fat. A low carb diet (not ketogenic) and increasing protein a bit will be of great benefit. However, it would be helpful to know........

1. Present workout routines (as specific as you can get down to the day and exercises along with present sets and reps, splits, etc....)

2. Meals....every meal and rough estimates of what she eats during each meal.

3. Height. We know the weight you provides is 160.

The only tme that she may need higher amounts of carbs or higher glycemic carbs would be around workout time (before and after depending on the carb intake and source).

Donnie Darko said:
I would imagine that if she would do relatively high reps in resistance training, she would see herself toning up alot and losing fat. A low carb diet (not ketogenic) and increasing protein a bit will be of great benefit. However, it would be helpful to know........

1. Present workout routines (as specific as you can get down to the day and exercises along with present sets and reps, splits, etc....)

2. Meals....every meal and rough estimates of what she eats during each meal.

3. Height. We know the weight you provides is 160.

The only tme that she may need higher amounts of carbs or higher glycemic carbs would be around workout time (before and after depending on the carb intake and source).

This is exactly why I am a Plat Member.

1) Present Workout routine is nothing more than cardio 2X per day. 30 Minutes in the am before Breakfast (8am) and 45 minutes at 1pm. She just started consistently.

2) Her meals are simple.

8:15 am - 1/2 cup of grape nuts

10:00am - 1/2 cup oatmeal w/ strawberries or blueberries

12:00pm - 3 0z chic. Breast with greens (Broc or Spinach)

2:00pm - 1/2 can of tuna (plain) maybe some pepper

4:30 - 3oz Chic, salmon, turkey or lean meat with greens and either 1/2 sweet potato or corn

7:00pm - light snack- Banana, apple, ANBP on whole wheat 1/2 slice or 1/2 cup of dry roasted peanuts.

She watches everything on Fitday.com but wants to know if High protein, like 40 protein 30 fat 30 carbs, or 40 carbs, 30 protein, 30 fat would be better. She wants to maximize her fat loss. She doesn’t have access to a gym at the moment (we live in 2 different states at the moment). TRUST me, it's not easy, but we have to manage for the next two months (it's already been 4 months btw)...

Anyway she is 5' 8", tall girl

Again, thanks for the Help!!! Everyone here is amazing! Thank you for being so supportive!!

It looks like she isn't eating enough. If she is 5'8 160lbs. She needs more food then that. 40-40-20 is a pretty decent split to start with. I wouldn't go lower then 1500 cals at this point. She is doing cardio and still needs food to fuel her body or else it will start to breakdown and she will lose muscle.

sessa said:
It looks like she isn't eating enough. If she is 5'8 160lbs. She needs more food then that. 40-40-20 is a pretty decent split to start with. I wouldn't go lower then 1500 cals at this point. She is doing cardio and still needs food to fuel her body or else it will start to breakdown and she will lose muscle.

With what she is eating now she is at 1500-1600 calories a day. She stays full all day and says that she doesnt think she could eat much more.

What training could she do at home it she doesnt have access to a gym?

Top Bottom