Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My upcoming keto diet, please look at and critique!

CLEMDOG

Ok, I'm going to start my keto diet on sunday providing I get together everything I need. I've been doing extensive research on the keto diet and have been looking up low/no carb foods and have been planning some meal combinations. I'm a 160lbs male, 20yrs, 5'8", 31" waist, about 10%bodyfat. You guys may think I'm too small and I should bulk, but I just finished up a test/dbol cycle, made it to 185lbs peak, then ended up dropping back to 160 within about 2 months despite the fact that I used clomid. I have great symmetry and shape, and if I cut I would look incredible. Therefore here is what I've been planning:

BTW- I've based this on the EF article by George on the keto diet on this board.

I have been planning specific meals to satisfy the nutrient ratios as well as the kcal requirement for the particular days.

Sat - Sun: approximately 3250kcal/day, between 7meals
(15% above AMR)
60%carbs, 20-25%protein, 15-20%fat
6-8pm- last sugary, high carb meal
(slin and the use of a glucometer is debated for helping to drop into ketosis faster and safely with slin)

Mon - Tues: approximately 2450kcal/day,between
7meals (15% below AMR)
75-80%fat, 20-25%protein, minimal carb
(high fat and pretty low protein for the first day or two to help facilitate entering ketosis. Excess protein can cause the liver to facilitate gluconeogenesis, which can prevent or slow the bodies transitition into the ketogenic state.)

Wed - Fri: approximately 2450kcal/day, between
7meals (15% below AMR)
60-65%fat, 35-40%protein
(due to the fact that it takes sometimes until Tues or Wed to enter ketosis, protein was low to prevent gluconeogenesis. Once keto is reached, protein can be increased while fat is slightly reduced, still maintaining a ketogenic state.)

Ketostix will be used. Unsure of the slin right now, dont feel like buying it only to waste 3/4 of the bottle. I cant keep it in the fridge since I am home from college and living with my parents. Glucometer will be used if the slin is used to manipulate the blood-glucose levels to their respective levels to help facilitate ketosis.

I also plan on using Flax Seed Oil and a thermogenic, like adipo or the MQ PPA. Also vit A, vit C, vit E

Flax Seed Oil Monday - Friday at 3 tbsp/day. Off Sat/Sun
Adipo(6/day) or PPA(3/day) on Mon - Fri, off sat/sun.

I have specific meals planned out for the specific days of the week. Each meal planned out will meet the requirements as far as the fat/protein/carb ratio go and will approximate the target Kcal amount for each meal.

What do you guys think?

I ve done keto diets in the past and learned a lot of things about.You are on the right way.The macronutritients ratios are perfect.As for the supplements,yo could throw in a potassium supplement to avoid abnormal dehydration.Anyway good luck.

I would keep your protein to fat ratio the same throughout the week like it is outlined for Monday. I don't like to fool around much since you will only be in the ketogenic part of the diet until Friday.

I'll tell you right now that if you dont have your carb-up in line, then it will lead to bigger problems than that of throughout the week. If you find that you are gaining too much fat back on the carb-up, back the hours you are in it. For example, If you quit on Friday, you are basically doing a 48 hour carb-up. For some, including myself, I don't do over a 24-30 hour carb-up.

The 2450 calorie intake may need to be lowered a bit, but maybe not at first. This is around 15 X your bodyweight. If for some reason fat loss is not coming off like you want, then lower it to 14 X...13X...12X...all the way til 10 X your bodyweight. When fat loss is dramatically slowed at this caloric amount, then you may want to consider taking a break for a week with the introduction of carbs to help restore thyroid functions (specifically T4--->T3 conversion in the liver).

If slin is not an option (and money too), I highly recommend that you use ALA for its effects as a glucose disposal agent for quickening your descent into ketosis after the weekend carb-up.

Great job on doing some research before jumping into this diet. You should do well...e-mail me if you need help. I often tell people to read George's article too when they are just learning about the diet.

MR. BMJ

I've been on this diet for 2 wks now. Could you tell me what foods you will be eating. I'm always interested in finding alternatives to PORK RINDS!

Top Bottom