Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My training and diet log.

Kev's back on the 31st!!!! I'm planning on starting him off right at the beginning of the 5x5 and train him with the squats, deads and OHP. Get him on 30-45 mins cardio on off days

The foot is still tender, my trainers and inserts are helping but I'm staying away from heavy leg stuff for a while which is why I'm doing so much bag work to replace the jumping rope and running. I hate slow cardio!! Can't do walking or elliptical thingy.. Yeah I've been hitting the cardio hard recently, going for another assessment at the beginning of feb do I'll know my bf%

Yeah I'm in the contest JR put together, as I'm no longer fighting in feb due to this foot it's given me something else to aim for. My mindset is the same training for this as for a fight. Training is similar too! Just stricter on diet more lifting and less sparring!! Lol! :D

I WISH I could say this is me kicking here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaxI3ToXOZY

Last edited:
Kev's back on the 31st!!!! I'm planning on starting him off right at the beginning of the 5x5 and train him with the squats, deads and OHP. Get him on 30-45 mins cardio on off days
Gr8 to hear bro. I know you will do right by him.

The foot is still tender, my trainers and inserts are helping but I'm staying away from heavy leg stuff for a while which is why I'm doing so much bag work to replace the jumping rope and running. I hate slow cardio!! Can't do walking or elliptical thingy.. Yeah I've been hitting the cardio hard recently, going for another assessment at the beginning of feb do I'll know my bf%
Will be waiting to see where your at on the bf bro.
I guess just keep doing whatever you can. That whole foot thing just is the pitz.

Yeah I'm in the contest JR put together, as I'm no longer fighting in feb due to this foot it's given me something else to aim for. My mindset is the same training for this as for a fight. Training is similar too! Just stricter on diet more lifting and less sparring!! Lol! :D
Good to hear, glad that you got in on it bro. I know there will be some pretty nice prizes involved. And I know that JR will do his best to keep it up.

I WISH I could say this is me kicking here...Well bro, he may be fast and high. But when he tries to kick me in the head Im gonna duck under it and grab his nuts1 then twist them off and feed em to him...Been there and done that. The ditty bop kicks dont count for shit in the real world.

Phace Kicker montage - YouTube

Keep it up bro you doing nicely with your injury.

ok diet for today
2,396 total cals
Carbs:39% 232g
Fats: 29% 78g
Protein: 31% 187g
Not too bad, I had a sweet after dinner tonight but it's going to bemy last for a while. :D

yeah I know, but i like it, it's just a game. In real life fights start from very close up most of the time never any space to kick and worst of all no ref!!! can you believe it? Just not cricket!
That ditty bop (love thtat!) looke great in semi contact but rarely works in full contact, I've seen it work a couple of times but only if the fighter has solid boxing skills. In my opinion boxing, or using your hands well is the foundation of fighting skills. Kicking can come in handy sometimes as can grappling but I sure as hell don't wanna be on the ground for long if the guy's got mates about to kick me in the head! Great footwork and mobility with the two most natural weapons, the fists, d'you know, most people can punch harder than they can kick? ... I'm rambling ...

Ok cardio for today!!!
5 mins warm up easy pace on bag
1 min max effort kicking!!!
5 mins moderate-easy
1 min rest - repeat...

I managed 4 cycles today and I'm chin strapped!!! Had to take the lift upstairs after I was done!!!

yeah I know, but i like it, it's just a game. In real life fights start from very close up most of the time never any space to kick and worst of all no ref!!! can you believe it? Just not cricket!
That ditty bop (love thtat!) looke great in semi contact but rarely works in full contact, I've seen it work a couple of times but only if the fighter has solid boxing skills. In my opinion boxing, or using your hands well is the foundation of fighting skills. Kicking can come in handy sometimes as can grappling but I sure as hell don't wanna be on the ground for long if the guy's got mates about to kick me in the head! Great footwork and mobility with the two most natural weapons, the fists, d'you know, most people can punch harder than they can kick? ... I'm rambling ...

Interesting I am glad I read this. I was saying before that I wanted to get back into some kick boxing. You're right I have seen and been in a few fights in my day and the only time I have really seen kicks being used is when a guy is down. Grappling is cool but the only time I have seen that work as a benefit is when a guy gets tackled or both end up on the ground for some reason good as backup but if you are good on your feet chances of ending up on the ground would be less likely. Plus you gotta worry about his boys. Not that I plan on getting into another fight anytime soon but I see you point on boxing and it looks like great cardio. hmmm you got me thinking CS maybe I need to go check out some boxing classes. Plus I still have issues with my leg and getting kicked in it over and over does not sound that appealing.

Your legs will be very sensitive especially as you do plenty of strength training with them, I've always found well developed weight trained muscles can be somewhat sensitive to kicks! I love kicking as an art form and a sport but I'm realistic about actual fighting. Been in plenty of fights and never want to again! Boxing is a great way to improve cardio and it has all the benefits of being a tried and true fighting system that anyone can learn to use effectively. Kicking requires lots of flexibility and training before you even have any decent power! The only thing I'll say about boxing though, it's more professional and a higher standard is required and expected. At least that's my experience. I only compete in kickboxing competitions these days cos I don't have to be so fit and I'm a tad old to be fighting 18 year olds who always seem to hand my ass to me on a plate when we spar!! Bloody kids! Lol!

PS: the guy in the vid clip is actually one of my student! ;) he's also a former boxing champ as well as national taekwondo champ 2001 I believe it was. :D

Kicking also uses up a hell of a lot of energy!!
Hand tecniques,
Grappling
Kicking
That order.

Top Bottom