Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My training and diet log.

Colstreamer

Plat Hero
Platinum
Ok so I'm 33 in just under two weeks, 6'1" tall and currently 242lbs and 26% bf.

My goals are 1. Get to 10% bf,
2. Increase strength and punching/kicking power.

I've already started on a new routine for myself, I'm doing push pull legs,
Push: weighted dips
Bench press
Overhead press

Pull: weighted chins
Barbell row
Upright row

Legs: squat
Clean & jerk
Deadlift

All upper body exercises and squats will be 5 sets of 5 reps at 80-85% of 1 rep max.
C&J will be 5 sets of 5, as this gets me quite out of breath I'll be using a weight I can comfortably press overhead.
Deads I'm gonna do one set only at just over 85% 1rm.

I plan to train 3 days rest one day then repeat.
I go boxing on Monday's and kickboxing Thursday's and I jog on Sunday afternoons I may heve to sack training if my leg day falls on a Sunday, Monday or Thursday.

My diet plan will be:
Breakfast 0700 bowl of porridge with sliced banana and a large americano black.
0800 2 slices while grain toast and four eggs scrambled
0900 banana & apple
Lunch 1200 green leaf and bean salad with 185g tuna
Post workout meal protein drink and a baked sweet potato and 2 litres of water.
Afternoon snack fruit and berries (basically whatever the boys at whole foods give me!)
Evening meal 3 chicken breasts, grilled and a salad 2 litres of water

Note: I drink around 6 litres of water per day spread throughout the day, I'm pretty much always eating or drinking except for an hour before I train.

I use the myfitnesspal app on my phone to track my diet.

Ok so today I did legs, squats went well banged out 5 sets of 5 with 130kgs.
Clean & jerk(70kgs) was a bit of a struggle after the second set I had to rest twice as long to catch my breath.
Deadlift 150kgs was good. Made sure I caught my breath before I started and my entire trunk and legs knew about it by the time I'd finished!

I stuck to my diet in terms of the food but the timings were out as I'm not at work today. Which means I didn't get up at 0600 but slept in till 12 rather than train at 1 or 2 pm I left for the gym at 1600. I totalled 3301 cals according to the app on my phone.

Overall I'm feeling very good at the moment but I know my legs will be in rag order tomorrow so my jog may turn into a walk. It's only 3.5km anyway.

Hey bro glad to havy you puttin up your log in here.
So you are all natty?
What made you determine this program?
What martial arts you doing?
Hope to see you continue your log bro and best regards.

Hey bro glad to havy you puttin up your log in here.
So you are all natty?
What made you determine this program?
What martial arts you doing?
Hope to see you continue your log bro and best regards.

Hey yeah I'm natty, I've been using the same weight training routine for nearly 8 years to supplement my martial arts/boxing training but been trying to increase my strength for the past few years. I did consider using roids a few months back when I got fed up of not improving anymore with my strength training but a few of the guys on here warned me it wouldn't be a good idea due to my body fat level and the fact that my diet and training needed improvement. You actually suggested I check out the SL 5x5 program which I did and plan to start after christmas (don't want family commitments to get in the way of training)
I chose this program after reading a lot of good things about it, I just used pretty much all the same exercises as my previous routine just on different days. I did swap handstand push ups for overhead press and seated cable row for barbell row.

I've done several martial arts, (Taekwondo, Boxing, Muay Thai) at the moment I'm planning on competing at a French boxing (savat) competition in February.

:)

Ok so today I woke late as per usual for the weekend, my legs were indeed killing me, but more surprisingly my abs were too. I made it round my course at a very slow jog which seems to have lessened the ache!

Breakfast and lunch were as per my diet plan but the Mrs. wanted to eat out for dinner so that'll have bumped up my fat intake for the day! Still according to the app on my phone I took on 38/33/29 (carbs,fat,protein) which I'm not devastated with!

Now I'm just looking forward to starting the week as I mean to continue and hitting the gym tomorrow.

Right, just completed a push day workout. Now, last push day I got a bit of pain in my right anterior deltoid. Not sure of this is because of the switch from handstand push ups to overhead press or what but last time I had to drop the weight. I used 20kg less than last time but still felt it on the third set.

Bench was good, 5x5 @ 100kg felt like I could do more so next time I'll up the weight by 2.5kg

Dips were GOOD I put 20kgs on my dipping belt and did 3x5 and 2x4

OHP well as noted above I used less weight and felt a bit of pain on the last couple of reps of set 3 so I did some rotator cuff exercises before I continued, felt better but I could still feel that niggle.

So far today my diet has been spot on.

Sounds good on your diet and training bro. Yeah just changing the order of the way you do things is surprizingly enough many times.
On your OHP, no need to go lower then your chin and you dont "have" to lock out at the top either. But it is the bottom position that makes the most diff to most peeps.
26% on the BF is a bit high bro. But by just keeping your portein up there will make a big diff and pretty quickly for you.

Sounds good on your diet and training bro. Yeah just changing the order of the way you do things is surprizingly enough many times.
On your OHP, no need to go lower then your chin and you dont "have" to lock out at the top either. But it is the bottom position that makes the most diff to most peeps.
26% on the BF is a bit high bro. But by just keeping your portein up there will make a big diff and pretty quickly for you.

Thanks bro, bf was 28 when I first joined the site, initially dropped some weight but it popped back up while bf% kept dropping so something's going right!
Yeah I think it's the bottom pos on OHP that is causing the pain I actually started going only as low as my eyes after the pain started. from the handstand push ups I'm used to pressing from the top of my head.

"from the handstand push ups I'm used to pressing from the top of my head."
Yep there you go then bro. You could prolly work your way down gradually and be fine. Also maybe try dumbells if you access to them. I had to do that for about a year.

"from the handstand push ups I'm used to pressing from the top of my head."
Yep there you go then bro. You could prolly work your way down gradually and be fine. Also maybe try dumbells if you access to them. I had to do that for about a year.

I'll give dumbells a shot, don't really fancy having to do it a year though, if this ain't sorted by February I may have to sack the fight. I was noticing it on the heavy bag tonight so I threw very few rights.

Top Bottom