Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MRP vs. whey + oatmeal, etc

yosshimura

High End Bro
Platinum
I got some useful info from you guys a few wks ago on mixing my whey to make a full mrp. So, now I am going to have to make mrp two of my meals :( vs one, shit happens....

Anyway, my plan is as follows. I know I need some carbs in with my whey so....

50g whey + 1/2 cup of oatmeal(has carbs up the ass! :mad: ) would be one meal.

50g whey + a low fat yogur(has little sugar, some protein, and carbs)

How about 50g whey + a fruit (since it has carbs).

Or 50g whey and veggies? For example, if I have the whey mrp after 2-3pm, I think I might start cutting carbs later in the day.

Not planning a low carb diet or anything.

so my diet on a typical day would be something like:

wake up-my creatine

post workout-8:30am
creatine
50g whey + 25-50g dextrose (so there's my carbs for the am)

11:30
whey + one of my carbs mentioned above

2:30
turkey on wheat bread / veggies

5:30
whey and drop the carbs at this point

7:30
lean beef meat or fish and veggies

bed time
cottage cheese + flax

Whey is not great unless post-workout. You would retain more nitrogen with either casein, cottage cheese, or canned tuna. Why not just have a small container of cottage cheese for a meal? Or have tuna and veggies? Much better for you than the powder.

I thought of tuna (thats what I have been having on and off) but the protein content on one can is under 20.... so would have to have 2 cans.

How about one of the other proteins, other than whey? You are right, I have read that whey goes in fast, thats why caseine is for night time, guess I figures since I am seating every 3hrs it was not such a big deal.

thanks

Yeah. You are probably right about the 3 hour increments. Most studies on protein assimilation were probably not done with high meal frequency. Oatmeal will probably slow the digestion somewhat. A friend of mine makes a drink called sludge by blending water, strawberry whey, uncooked rolled oats, and flax seeds. They are his 1000 calorie bulking drinks, and he carries them with him for half the day. You can also buy casein online, or you could try to find some tub of several protein sources. Met-rx might be ok, although I am not sure.

I would DEFINITELY recommend oats over meal replacement carbs. They usually use maltodextrin or other high GI starches/sugars. That is horrible for anything other than post-workout and carbing up.

About tuna, I buy Starkist low-sodium chunk white with 35g per can of tuna and only 1.5g fat. $1.59 each can, though! Add salsa and voila, it still tastes like fvckin tuna!

Peanut butter is very portable, btw.

MRP vs. whey + oatmeal, etc

im for the straight whey + oatmeal, or another good complex carb. The maltodextrin most mrps use in shakes for carbs are not that great a source of carbs. It's pretty high GI, and no fiber.

I assume this is a cutting diet, 'cause you sure don't have much food here?!

And rez has a good question - it looks like you're training before eating?!

Your first real meal isn't until 2:30pm - long time to go without proper food.

Canadian Cobra said:
I assume this is a cutting diet, 'cause you sure don't have much food here?!

And rez has a good question - it looks like you're training before eating?!

Your first real meal isn't until 2:30pm - long time to go without proper food.

Yeah, cuttting, ala BFL.. Since my inception of working out in the gym (was just doing cardio before) in Jan, I have been working out on an empty stomach, so I imgaine if I ever DO cut, and start working out to bulk and eat before lifting , I will feel like I have super human strength :D . But I haven't LOST ONE pound since beginning /mid April, when I started increasing my calorie content.

I was having my first real meal post workout, but I heard I was having tooo much protein in one seating. It was like this:

8:00 finish workout and have creatine
8:30 50g whey +25g dextrose
9:00 6 egg whites, 1 whole egg

I could go back to that, and the eggs would be the first real meal.

thoughts?

thanks

Top Bottom