Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mac's 2012: "The Transformation Log"

I know this may seem excessive and it is, it is designed to shock the muscles into growing,I picked this up in my early years (late 30's) 12 hr days, doing pulp wooding, so i sat down with an old friend a Mr. Olympia and we put this together.most of the guys i worked with had 18" or better arms, hell even pee wee mann had 20 inchers. and none of these guys went to the gym.

so do the math!

I will add this as i have posted it before ,esp for newbies

You are at your peak in development you don't need anything but a good training program and Diet Those play a major role in how you want to look, Getting stronger doesn't take a whole lot of innate talent or athletic ability. What it does take is tons of dedication and commitment. It's an endless journey with no off-season, so you better learn to trust in the process and hunker down for the long haul because big results won't happen overnight.

I weighed a whopping 122 pounds when I started seriously lifting weights.

Looking at me then, you certainly wouldn't have predicted big things from me in the weight room. I didn't even predict big things from myself. But really, what's the alternative? Not lift and stay weak? No thanks.

Furthermore, you never know what your true limits are until you push yourself beyond your comfort zone and test them.

I started learning more about training and nutrition and getting after it in the gym with everything I had. I've made plenty of mistakes along the way, but they've never been from lack of effort.

I remember a stint early on where I lifted 60 consecutive days in a row. These weren't easy sessions either. I'm talking two-hour ball busters where I left looking like I'd just hopped in the shower with my clothes on.

Was it the smartest thing in the world? Probably not, but at least I was trying. If I had it to do it over, I wouldn't change a thing. I probably sacrificed 1-2 pounds of muscle from overtraining a little bit at the time, but it helped instill a mental toughness and drive in me that has paid far greater dividends.So to sum it up "ROME WASN'T Built IN A DAY"
Use your time developing to build a good foundation it will pay far more than just adding enhancements and 1 year in the gym.

RADAR
I stand corrected, thats why I love this place because I learn something every day

As always Radar yet another wealth of info , I love your posts. I like what your saying here I do think that it's all one big trial and error experience. ;)

Btw Mac you must have some super powers going on lol busting the bi's like that is nothing short of incredible !!
Have a great weekend !

I agree I thought it was a little excessive as well but RADAR put together the program and suggested it......maybe I'm reading it wrong???Check out post #30

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...rst-week-radars-workout-program-450224-3.html

You have completely switched your routine two times now. You're on your third radically different routine in less than 2 months. You were still progressing on the original routine and should have stayed with it, making only minor tweaks until progression completely stopped, everywhere. Then you should have deloaded for a couple weeks and started over. Only then should you have thought about changing routines. Too many chefs in this kitchen.

You have completely switched your routine two times now. You're on your third radically different routine in less than 2 months. You were still progressing on the original routine and should have stayed with it, making only minor tweaks until progression completely stopped, everywhere. Then you should have deloaded for a couple weeks and started over. Only then should you have thought about changing routines. Too many chefs in this kitchen.

I agree, its takes 2-3 weeks just to dial in a routine....

We all live and learn in the way that best suits each of us. As we get older and more expereinced in life we (hopefully) come to an understanding of what works best for each of us.
But I do feel that in BBing and particularly this competition it would be best to decide on one program and stick with that till the gains stop.

Good luck to you Mac!!

BTW i want to add that when you stop making gains on any part of your body, it's time to cut the program in half or better yet switch to supersets, short and sweet!

But if you feed the hell outta your body it will grow ,pure and simple!

ceo - thanks for working with me on my routine but I've been doing it since August it started getting a little stale not to mention I was starting to get bored with it. After a PM with Radar it made perfect since to switch to a routine that cuts and defines the muscle. I am excited to go to the gym again and my muscles are sore after my workouts - which I love! I think it was a good move to change the routine for me and I'm glad I made the change. Thanks Again.

Here is my log for the last two sessions -

Chest and Shoulders

Bench Press

95@20
135@10
175@6
185@2
Rest
185@4
135@6
95@10

Inclined Dumbbell Flys

40@8
40@8
40@8
40@8

This is quite the workout - I did my chest on Saturday and I'm still sore to the touch today!!!

Shoulder Press
45@20
55@16
65@8

Dumbbell Press/ Front Delts Raises - No Break
25@26/15@30
25@20/15@20
25@22/15@18

I had to drink my protein using two hand on the way home - brutal!

Legs

Leg Press Sled
200@25
240@17
280@12
340@8
240@14
200@12

Leg Extensions
50@25
67.5@20
75@17
100@12 - Should be able to up weight next session - it was hard to gauge after previous exercise

Dead Lifts
135@12
155@10
175@10
185@10

Standing Calf Raises
140@50
140@25
140@25

Top Bottom