Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low volume sucks. High volume rules! HIT drools

how long do you guys spend in the gym, for volume as well as HIt guys. Also how long do you rest in between each set.. (if your doing HIT how long before you move on to the next excersise). Was curious about this.

moosecles said:
how long do you guys spend in the gym, for volume as well as HIt guys. Also how long do you rest in between each set.. (if your doing HIT how long before you move on to the next excersise). Was curious about this.

I spend 0.5-1 hours for my workout sessions. Again I dont wait 5 minutes after each set, just enough to continue lifting well.

As a bodybuilder you need to minimize waiting time, so your muscles are not fully recovered... Sure they wont be 100% strong, but as long as they got enough juice left to do fairly heavy sets, it is all ok.

I REALLY DON,T STICK WITH ANY ROUTINE FOR TOO LONG!!! I BELIVE EVERYTHING CAN WORK BUT NOT FOR TOO LONG. THE POINT HERE IS VARIATION OF EVERYTHING, EXERCISES, SETS, REPS, TIME BETWEEN EACH SET AND TEMPO OF REPS, ETC. I WOULD STAY VERY SHORT TIME 2 O 3 WEEKS ON A PERIOD OF HIGH VOLUME OF WORK AND THEN DECREASE THE VOLUME OR YHE INTENSITY. PERIODIZATION BROS. :)

moosecles said:

Trained my thighs and calves on saturday, and it took about 25 painful minutes. Warm-ups not included. With warm-ups, its close to 45 mins.

IR0N. said:

Trained my thighs and calves on saturday, and it took about 25 painful minutes. Warm-ups not included. With warm-ups, its close to 45 mins.

That is good that you spend time training legs. Hey this is why you need volume, you need to train EVERYTHING! Not just your arms and chest! You cant just do few half effort sets!

you need TOTAL STIMULATION (dont jump, not that kind of stimulation... ahahahha I am sick! ahahahahah)

"Howeever, 20 reps already aint a low volume. It is like 4 sets of 5 rep hard squats."

+

"
4*5 = 20 reps. Same volume! Is that so hard to understand? Oh wait, for some guys who are still struggling with pre algebra it is hard!"

You worthless idiot. A 20 rep set is NOTHING like 4 sets of 5 reps. NOTHING.

Forget it. It's beyond your comprehension.

-Zulu

I can't believe that I am contributing to this thread, but oh well...

SSAlexSS, a 20 rep set is nothing like 4 sets of 5 reps. On a good day, I can squat 405lbs for 4 sets of 5, for a total of 8100lbs moved in 20 reps. However, if I was to attempt a 20 rep set, I would be lucky to use 225, for a total of 4500lbs moved in 4 reps. I don't know about anyone else but my body responds much better to the 8100lb stimulus than the 4500lb one.

SSAlexSS said:

That is good that you spend time training legs. Hey this is why you need volume, you need to train EVERYTHING! Not just your arms and chest! You cant just do few half effort sets![/B

This isn't even worth commenting... I don't know what you are trying to imply with this seemingly sarcastic comment of yours, but whatever it is, I hope it makes you feel good.

needsize said:
I can't believe that I am contributing to this thread, but oh well...

SSAlexSS, a 20 rep set is nothing like 4 sets of 5 reps. On a good day, I can squat 405lbs for 4 sets of 5, for a total of 8100lbs moved in 20 reps. However, if I was to attempt a 20 rep set, I would be lucky to use 225, for a total of 4500lbs moved in 4 reps. I don't know about anyone else but my body responds much better to the 8100lb stimulus than the 4500lb one.

I train low-volume, and think both the 20 rep set and the 4 sets of 5 are needed for continued growth. However, I would never do 4 working sets of anything on any one lift. I typically alternate every other week with this. In the 20 rep example, I might do two or three warm-up sets on squats and then hit one crazy set of 20 with a weight I know I can do only 15 to 18 times on a good day. After that, I'm off to the next lift.

Disclaimer: I do not, nor have I ever, condondone anything SSidiotSS says or does. He is a complete fool and anyone reading his threads should proceed with caution, knowing the statements made are most likely not only false, but counterproductive in nature.

kingsquat said:

I train low-volume, and think both the 20 rep set and the 4 sets of 5 are needed for continued growth. However, I would never do 4 working sets of anything on any one lift. I typically alternate every other week with this. In the 20 rep example, I might do two or three warm-up sets on squats and then hit one crazy set of 20 with a weight I know I can do only 15 to 18 times on a good day. After that, I'm off to the next lift.

Disclaimer: I do not, nor have I ever, condondone anything SSidiotSS says or does. He is a complete fool and anyone reading his threads should proceed with caution, knowing the statements made are most likely not only false, but counterproductive in nature.

I second that opinion.

JC

Top Bottom