Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low volume sucks. High volume rules! HIT drools

Yeah, I agree completely with b fold! There's always a good medium. I've found that to be about 12 sets per workout total or less.

HIT is very intense. I did it for several weaks before stagnating and it was fucking intense. It was mentally exhausting as well. Physiologically, I don't feel it's the best way to train, but it's good for variety.

-Zulu

i do high volume i hit chest and quads 3 times per week and back and hammies3 times per week i think u would over train if u didnt take in enuf carbs im also Natural not that big though im about 7 pounds heavier than in my pic and more leaner too, i love high volume. im not gonna down hit ive never tried it , it just dont seem like enuf work i may try it down the road laterzzzzzzzzzzz

Re: Re: ...

kingsquat said:

Couldn't have said it better myself! I see SSidiotSS is still up to his usual stunts... I've been off the board for several months hoping to come back and be rid of dumbasses like SSidiotSS. Good call IRON, you have him pegged. And by the way, if a person claims low-volume training is easy, then they need to sac up on the intensity. I'd challenge anyone to walk away without stumbling on a leg day with me that only incorporates 6 or 7 working sets.

This is so true. I mean, people say that one set per movement just isn't enough, but have they ever tried , for example, 20-rep squats? If you take a weight you can squat for 15, and then do 20 ass-to-the-floor reps with it, there's no way you can do more than 1 set. After the set you are lying on the floor for 5 minutes, and thinking something like "what the fuck did I just do? Was I hit by a train?"

Sure it's easy to say "I'm training hard" when you are "busting" your ass in the pecfuckingdeck-machine trying to target the inner part of your chest while checking out the girls in the gym. But you aren't training hard. You simply just lack the guts to do it. Most people do. That's why I frickin' hate it when someone comes up to me and says "Hey, forget about that 1 set thing, it'll get you nowhere. Now here's what BIG-AHHhhhhhhnuld did, and he was one big mofo..."

Ok, enough ranting from me. :D

Just my humble opinion.

Re: Re: Re: ...

IR0N. said:

This is so true. I mean, people say that one set per movement just isn't enough, but have they ever tried , for example, 20-rep squats? If you take a weight you can squat for 15, and then do 20 ass-to-the-floor reps with it, there's no way you can do more than 1 set. After the set you are lying on the floor for 5 minutes, and thinking something like "what the fuck did I just do? Was I hit by a train?"

Sure it's easy to say "I'm training hard" when you are "busting" your ass in the pecfuckingdeck-machine trying to target the inner part of your chest while checking out the girls in the gym. But you aren't training hard. You simply just lack the guts to do it. Most people do. That's why I frickin' hate it when someone comes up to me and says "Hey, forget about that 1 set thing, it'll get you nowhere. Now here's what BIG-AHHhhhhhhnuld did, and he was one big mofo..."

Ok, enough ranting from me. :D

Just my humble opinion.

I have to politely disagree. High volume doesnt mean it is long easy intensity. Nor does it require to do isolation movements(also they got place in training). Adn you dont do 20-30 reps for bench pressing, do you?
That is why you need lots of sets! Lots of sets, lots of weight, as little rest periods as possible = more muscle growth!

About 20 rep squats. yeh I started doing them again. Howeever, 20 reps already aint a low volume. It is like 4 sets of 5 rep hard squats. Still even after 20 rep squats you can still do couple bad reps after your long rest.

And how about 10 more sets of back work after legs?

I agree, pedcdecking fucks suck. That is why I do bench press instead. But really you MUST HAVE VOLUME for long lasting big growth!
Eastern European sceintists recomend 30-150 quaility (non warm up ) reps.
3 times per week is the best. Yewh 20 rep squats are close to exeption to volume rule since they ALREADY do almost required minimum amount fo work. Other than that HIGH VOLUME RULES, since it adeqauately stimulates your muscles!

Eastern Scientists train powerlifters and olympic lifters you stupid cunt.

I'm tired of you preaching magical solutions all the time. God knows some idiot might believe what you have to say.

"Howeever, 20 reps already aint a low volume. It is like 4 sets of 5 rep hard squats."

??????????????????????????????????

-Zulu

Oh well..

At least I've tried. Will not bother again :finger2:

Bye, Alex the :newbie:

Sincerely Yours,

IR0N. , the mislead low-volume trainer :elephant:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/wjambruzs/HIT.htm

in support of the thread starter. don't read the above if you don't have an open mind.

Two important things said by SSAlexSS
"Why high volume is logical? Muscle growth because of work it does, not how much it lifts in 1 set. More work in unit time means bigger muscles, since you need stronger and more energetical muscle to tolerate more tension. "

= work capacity...a bigger muscle will have larger work capacity measured by load lifted across units ot time. be it a workout, a microcycle or a meso cycle. track it and as long as it progressively increase over time..you will be bigger. load is important as represented by respectable poundages in the 50-80% 1RM .i am not saying you will get larger doing reps in the 30% 1RM range!!

"Also some people say that "training 6 days per week is not very intensive or else you would overtraing." You need intensityu they say. YES but, you need to progressively increase it. If you train super intense 2 days per week and start training 6 days per week with the same intensity and puking every minute - Yes you will overtraiin. But if you start slowly and work your way up,
eventully you could train as intensily on a 6 days per week program"

this is the key to why people diss high volume...they are HIT in the heart make the switch..and proceeded to do 20 sets a day for 6days/week and complain when they overtrain/get small/get sick...need to make the switch progressively. 5% more sets a week, something moderate!

additional, my personal opinion is that whilst training to failure is a great asset..its overuse is a big problem. training to failure on a set in HIT individuals in my case led to a large drop in weight lifted on subsequent sets=reduced load=reduced tension.
similar related to this i don't do high reps due to lactic acid build up..fatigue..and knock on load/tension on subsequent sets...so its 5-7reps sets..1-2 reps short of failure.

just my view after training for many years and utilising HIT for many of them and now a higher volume convert that monitors performance from a load perspective (weight *reps) relative to a unit of time..which means a workout(in minutes) or micro cycle (15 days) or longer.

blitz periods of higher load occassioanlly and back off periods of lower loads for restoration and recuperation.

i expect flames!! never mind that i don't think i have ever posted on here before!

:D

In Iron

Charlie

Charlie Kane said:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/wjambruzs/HIT.htm

in support of the thread starter. don't read the above if you don't have an open mind.

Two important things said by SSAlexSS
"Why high volume is logical? Muscle growth because of work it does, not how much it lifts in 1 set. More work in unit time means bigger muscles, since you need stronger and more energetical muscle to tolerate more tension. "

= work capacity...a bigger muscle will have larger work capacity measured by load lifted across units ot time. be it a workout, a microcycle or a meso cycle. track it and as long as it progressively increase over time..you will be bigger. load is important as represented by respectable poundages in the 50-80% 1RM .i am not saying you will get larger doing reps in the 30% 1RM range!!

"Also some people say that "training 6 days per week is not very intensive or else you would overtraing." You need intensityu they say. YES but, you need to progressively increase it. If you train super intense 2 days per week and start training 6 days per week with the same intensity and puking every minute - Yes you will overtraiin. But if you start slowly and work your way up,
eventully you could train as intensily on a 6 days per week program"

this is the key to why people diss high volume...they are HIT in the heart make the switch..and proceeded to do 20 sets a day for 6days/week and complain when they overtrain/get small/get sick...need to make the switch progressively. 5% more sets a week, something moderate!

additional, my personal opinion is that whilst training to failure is a great asset..its overuse is a big problem. training to failure on a set in HIT individuals in my case led to a large drop in weight lifted on subsequent sets=reduced load=reduced tension.
similar related to this i don't do high reps due to lactic acid build up..fatigue..and knock on load/tension on subsequent sets...so its 5-7reps sets..1-2 reps short of failure.

just my view after training for many years and utilising HIT for many of them and now a higher volume convert that monitors performance from a load perspective (weight *reps) relative to a unit of time..which means a workout(in minutes) or micro cycle (15 days) or longer.

blitz periods of higher load occassioanlly and back off periods of lower loads for restoration and recuperation.

i expect flames!! never mind that i don't think i have ever posted on here before!

:D

In Iron

Charlie

Welcome to the board!

WOW, pretty good post to start with!

You have more common sense than IRON, Zulluz and few others!!

Now, IRON - who is the troll here???

ZZuluZ said:
Eastern Scientists train powerlifters and olympic lifters you stupid cunt.

I'm tired of you preaching magical solutions all the time. God knows some idiot might believe what you have to say.

"Howeever, 20 reps already aint a low volume. It is like 4 sets of 5 rep hard squats."

??????????????????????????????????

-Zulu

WOW. What words, you must have just learned them, didnt youy?

Not only ol, and pls are being trained there. And my (they arent really mine) ARE THE BVEST!

I hope nobody follows HIT until they reach RIP!

4*5 = 20 reps. Same volume! Is that so hard to understand? Oh wait, for some guys who are still struggling with pre algebra it is hard!

Top Bottom