Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Looking to adapt my diet to add LBM while bulking

Essie

Hi Everyone,

Height: Somewhere between 5'11" and 6'0"
Weight: 190bls
BF: +-14 - 16%
BMR: 1927.81
TDEE: 3286 Cal/day
Goal: As per Title field, to add LBM on my bulking cycle of which the DBol pre-load is at the end of week 1.

Cycle is as follows:

D-Bol - 20mg/day 5 on 2 off - Wks 1 - 5
Sus325 - 162.5mg/wk Wks 3 & 4
325mg/wk Wks 5, 6, 9, 10, 11
650mg/wk Wks 7 & 8
Deca350 - 175mg/wk Wks 3 & 4
350mg/wk Wks 5, 6, 9, 10, 11
700mg/wk Wks 7 & 8 (Still thinking this section over as 700mg/wk Deca is a bit tight, I know. I'm also trying to figure a way where I won't need to waste any gear, but still manage to either drop down my Deca dose, or UP my Sus dose so the TEST:Deca ratio looks better ... I'm working on it.) I am going for size, hence Deca and not EQ.

I have always followed a philosophy of eating any protein:carb:fat diet while on bulk, and when I was in my early 20's, it seemed to work for me just fine, I would bulk nicely and add 25 lbs a year to my weight, but a good 10 - 12lbs thereof would be fat. Not to worry, though, I was active and sorted it out quickly without even knowing that I was.

As of late I have, however, realised that things do not work the same anymore and I need to start thinking about eating right while on bulk OR cut cycle instead of eating more on bulk or less on cut.

I know I need to, based on my TDEE, consume on average 3500 Cal/day in order to pack on weight, but my problem comes in with this:

- Which types of foods do I use?
- Is 4 meals a day better, or 6?

Diet

B/Fast
> 2 slices Whole Wheat Toast with 2 boiled eggs, yolks removed
and lightly salted
> 8oz Oats
> 1/2 glass (130ml) Full cream milk

Lunch
> 4 Slices Whole Wheat Bread with either Margarine & Peanut Butter or Margerine & Cold meats and Miracle Whip

Supper
Varies from:
> 9oz of pasta with 6oz of minced meat or beef strips - ketchup and chutney galore, well salted and decently spiced, somewhat oily
> 14oz Mahsed potatoes and 7oz oven-grilled pork chops, also well salted and decently spiced
> 4oz white rice and about 12oz beef stirfry with all spices and veggies
> Shepherd's pie topped with grilled cheese
> And so forth, should give you a good idea, I hope?:confused:

Pre Bed
> Cup of Coffee with 2 - 4 slices Whole Wheat bread with Peanut Butter
> Sometimes 3oz Dark Chocolate, mostly, sometimes an Aero.

Weekends
> During the course of the weekend I would typically consume an averageof 4.5lbs of beef and lamb, not lean cut and BBQ'd with enough salt and spices.
> 2 - 3 Loaves of Whole Wheat Bread
> 1Lb of Oats
> 1.5 litres of Full Cream milk.

I do not know what the macros are for this type of diet, so consequently I have no idea of how much to change what, but, I do know that I need to change most of my diet if I want to obtain lean gains while bulking. Following my bulk, I'll do PCT, then OFF-TIME and following that I'll definately do a cutting cycle,which is going to incorporate another diet change ... mind you, I think I might need to change my diet slightly whenn off cycle from the changed bulk diet ... or not?

Thanks everybody.

Lots of points to touch on here. Honestly though, the main thing to remember when trying to gain only LBM (IMO) is to eat only a few calories over your TDEE, and to keep your diet as clean and lean as you possibly can. You seem to know this, so I'm not sure what you want other than a pat on the back and some encouragement. Lean foods are what you're going to want to focus on (you are what you eat), and you seem to know what this entails. All the normal protein sources... Canned tuna, chicken breasts, pork roasts, beef strips etc. Start consuming fatty fish, like salmon, for protein and a days worth of Omega fats. I would make sure to count ALL your macros as well as calories, as you have not indicated that you do this. The way you cook your food is just as important as what you eat, IMO, as some people prefer a mashed potato with 2x it's weight in butter along for the ride.

For strict weight gain, 4 vs 6 vs 20 meals a day isn't going to change your gains much, other than keep you out of the gym for the latter of the three ;). I would try and find an all natural peanut butter (maybe have some custom ground, lots of "whole foods" esque markets will do that for you) and cut out the margarine completely, unless it's high in Omega 3 and 9 fatty acids. A margarine high in Omega 6 EFA's is detrimental to your health (we get so much O6FA in our vegetable oil laden diets, and more harm is done when the intake ratio's of these fats are out of proportion...) AND your lipid profile.

Sub in brown rice for white rice for extra fiber (3500Kcal worth of food is hard on your gut). Try and consume green vegetables with each meal until you burst. Basically, do everything you've ever heard to do, while taking in the calories and protein you need to grow.

I would cut the full cream milk to the same amount of skim or 2%. Chances are, you can get much more protein for an equal fat content if you make this substitution. Liquid protein (whey and casein) is never a bad addition to your diet... And full cream milk (at least here) is more expensive than 2x it's volume in 2%.

"Shepherd's pie topped with grilled cheese" What is this monstrosity. It sounds fantastic.

Lots of points to touch on here. Honestly though, the main thing to remember when trying to gain only LBM (IMO) is to eat only a few calories over your TDEE, and to keep your diet as clean and lean as you possibly can. You seem to know this, so I'm not sure what you want other than a pat on the back and some encouragement. (I have posted this request on here as I have no idea what foods to eat ... like I said in my first post ... I have always followed the protocol of just chowing whatever I feel like and work the excess off later ... buut as of late it has become more difficult.) Lean foods are what you're going to want to focus on (you are what you eat), and you seem to know what this entails. All the normal protein sources... Canned tuna, chicken breasts, pork roasts, beef strips etc. Start consuming fatty fish, like salmon (Had Salmon once and I was sick with an upset stomache for 3 days ... I think it is too rich for me :D ... anything I can sub this with?), for protein and a days worth of Omega fats. I would make sure to count ALL your macros as well as calories, as you have not indicated that you do this. The way you cook your food is just as important as what you eat, IMO, as some people prefer a mashed potato with 2x it's weight in butter along for the ride (Yum).

For strict weight gain, 4 vs 6 vs 20 meals a day isn't going to change your gains much, other than keep you out of the gym for the latter of the three ;). I would try and find an all natural peanut butter (maybe have some custom ground, lots of "whole foods" esque markets will do that for you) (I roast my own peanuts at home and grind them to PB myself :p)and cut out the margarine completely, unless it's high in Omega 3 and 9 fatty acids. A margarine high in Omega 6 EFA's is detrimental to your health (we get so much O6FA in our vegetable oil laden diets, and more harm is done when the intake ratio's of these fats are out of proportion...) AND your lipid profile.

Sub in brown rice for white rice for extra fiber (3500Kcal worth of food is hard on your gut). Try and consume green vegetables with each meal until you burst. Basically, do everything you've ever heard to do, while taking in the calories and protein you need to grow.

I would cut the full cream milk to the same amount of skim or 2%. Chances are, you can get much more protein for an equal fat content if you make this substitution. Liquid protein (whey and casein) is never a bad addition to your diet... And full cream milk (at least here) is more expensive than 2x it's volume in 2%.

"Shepherd's pie topped with grilled cheese" What is this monstrosity. It sounds fantastic. (It's minced meat with loads of spices put at the bottom of an oven pan. On top of it you spread your mashed potatoes which you pre-mix with boiled bacon and then tou cover it all with grated cheese and grill it in the oven)

Well, like I said in the beginning of my post ... I used to just chow down and worry later, but being quite a bit older now than then, it doesn't gel so well anymore.

Hi Everyone,

Weight: 190bls
Goal: As per Title field, to add LBM on my bulking cycle of which the DBol pre-load is at the end of week 1.

Cycle is as follows:

D-Bol - 20mg/day 5 on 2 off - Wks 1 - 5
Sus325 - 162.5mg/wk Wks 3 & 4
325mg/wk Wks 5, 6, 9, 10, 11
650mg/wk Wks 7 & 8
Deca350 - 175mg/wk Wks 3 & 4
350mg/wk Wks 5, 6, 9, 10, 11
700mg/wk Wks 7 & 8 (Still thinking this section over as 700mg/wk Deca is a bit tight, I know. I'm also trying to figure a way where I won't need to waste any gear, but still manage to either drop down my Deca dose, or UP my Sus dose so the TEST:Deca ratio looks better ... I'm working on it.) I am going for size, hence Deca and not EQ.

I have always followed a philosophy of eating any protein:carb:fat diet while on bulk, and when I was in my early 20's, it seemed to work for me just fine, I would bulk nicely and add 25 lbs a year to my weight, but a good 10 - 12lbs thereof would be fat. Not to worry, though, I was active and sorted it out quickly without even knowing that I was.

As of late I have, however, realised that things do not work the same anymore and I need to start thinking about eating right while on bulk OR cut cycle instead of eating more on bulk or less on cut.

I know I need to, based on my TDEE, consume on average 3500 Cal/day in order to pack on weight, but my problem comes in with this:

- Which types of foods do I use?
- Is 4 meals a day better, or 6?

Diet

B/Fast
> 2 slices Whole Wheat Toast with 2 boiled eggs, yolks removed
and lightly salted
> 8oz Oats
> 1/2 glass (130ml) Full cream milk

Lunch
> 4 Slices Whole Wheat Bread with either Margarine & Peanut Butter or Margerine & Cold meats and Miracle Whip

Supper
Varies from:
> 9oz of pasta with 6oz of minced meat or beef strips - ketchup and chutney galore, well salted and decently spiced, somewhat oily
> 14oz Mahsed potatoes and 7oz oven-grilled pork chops, also well salted and decently spiced
> 4oz white rice and about 12oz beef stirfry with all spices and veggies
> Shepherd's pie topped with grilled cheese
> And so forth, should give you a good idea, I hope?:confused:

Pre Bed
> Cup of Coffee with 2 - 4 slices Whole Wheat bread with Peanut Butter
> Sometimes 3oz Dark Chocolate, mostly, sometimes an Aero.

Weekends
> During the course of the weekend I would typically consume an averageof 4.5lbs of beef and lamb, not lean cut and BBQ'd with enough salt and spices.
> 2 - 3 Loaves of Whole Wheat Bread
> 1Lb of Oats
> 1.5 litres of Full Cream milk.

I do not know what the macros are for this type of diet, so consequently I have no idea of how much to change what, but, I do know that I need to change most of my diet if I want to obtain lean gains while bulking. Following my bulk, I'll do PCT, then OFF-TIME and following that I'll definately do a cutting cycle,which is going to incorporate another diet change ... mind you, I think I might need to change my diet slightly whenn off cycle from the changed bulk diet ... or not?

Thanks everybody.

For one-the cycle is laid out in such a way i can't tell whats being ran with what.

Now as far as diet,let's sit down and talk.
it's all about portion sizes,a portion of brown rice should be 1/2 cup,yam should be sliced in half and only 1 half eaten,ass the other later.

Here is a power food very little know about
As many people are aware, beans and legumes are a very protein rich source of food. In addition to being high in protein, beans also have a high concentration of vitamins and minerals. These nutritional qualities make beans a popular choice for vegetarians, although other people can benefit from eating beans as well. Although only soybeans contain complete proteins by themselves, all beans have a fair amount of protein in every serving; some beans are higher in protein than others. Remember to cook beans thoroughly to avoid intestinal discomfort and its sometimes socially undesirable symptoms.

The superpower of the bean world is soybeans, which contain 29 grams for every cup serving of cooked beans.
A hand full of nuts 2-3 times a day is a good way to get the calories up there,nuts are calorie dense and provide micro nutrients.
also You need at least 6-7 smaller servings per day with some Protein in each. You can do this by eating clean whole foods,not processed.
Protein should come a variety of things.Seafood is one of the best sources of Protein because it's usually low in fat. Fish such as salmon is a little higher in fat but it is the heart-healthy kind: omega-3 fatty acids.

White-Meat Poultry
Stick to the white meat of poultry for excellent, lean Protein. Dark meat is higher in fat. The skin is loaded with saturated fat, so remove skin before cooking.

Milk, Cheese, and Yogurt
Not only are dairy foods -- like milk, cheese, and yogurt -- excellent sources of Protein but they also contain valuable calcium. Choose skim or low fat dairy to keep bones and teeth strong, prevent osteoporosis, and enhance weight loss.

Eggs
Eggs are one of the least expensive forms of Protein. The American Heart Association says normal healthy adults can safely enjoy an egg a day.

Beans
One-half cup of beans contains as much Protein as three ounces of broiled steak. Plus, these nutritious nuggets are loaded with fiber to keep you feeling full for hours.

Pork Tenderloin
This great and versatile white meat is 31% leaner than 20 years ago.

Soy
Twenty five grams of soy Protein daily can help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. Combine soy Protein foods like tofu with a healthy low fat diet.

Lean Beef
Lean beef has only one more gram of saturated fat than a skinless chicken breast. Lean beef is also an excellent source of zinc, iron, and vitamin b12.

Protein on the Go
Grab a meal replacement drink, cereal bar, or energy bar. Check the label to be sure the product contains at least six grams of Protein, and is low in sugar and fat.
Needtobuildmuscle has a wide variety of supplements that is an excellent source of nutrition.

Unstanding how to eat,The best way to provide the diet with complex carbohydrates is to consume foods in their most natural state such as oatmeal, bran and brown rice.
Bran

Wheatgerm

Barley

Maize

Buckwheat

Cornmeal

Oatmeal

The food list below shows good sources of complex carbohydrates.

Pasta

Macaroni
Spaghetti
Brown rice

Potatoes

Other root vegetables
Wholemeal breads

Granary bread

Brown bread

Pitta bread

Bagel

Wholegrain cereals

High fiber breakfast cereals

Porridge oats

All bran

Wheetabix

Shredded wheat

Ryvita crispbread

Muesli

Cassava

Corn
Yam

Oatcakes

Peas

Beans

Lentils

For energy you also need simple carbs thruout the day
Apples

Blackberries

Blackcurrants

Cherry

Cranberries

Grapefruit

Kiwi

Lemon

Melon

Oranges

Peach

Pear

Plum

Raspberries

Strawberries

Grapes

Raisins

RADAR

@Radar ... WOW, now that's a mouthfull! (Pun intended :) )

Cycle clarification:

Wk 1-5 = d-bol - 20mg/day 5 on 2 off
Wk 3-11 = Sustanon 325mg/week
Was gonna go with Deca first, but after researching it, maybe just not right now. then I decided on EQ ... none of my sources have it in stock, So I am sticking to a VERY basic cycle as described above :) I am looking to add in Cyp from Wk 6-10 as well ... dunno yet. Cyp will probably be run at 500mg/wk. HCG and Nolva to follow.

@Radar ... WOW, now that's a mouthfull! (Pun intended :) )

Cycle clarification:

Wk 1-5 = d-bol - 20mg/day 5 on 2 off
Wk 3-11 = Sustanon 325mg/week
Was gonna go with Deca first, but after researching it, maybe just not right now. then I decided on EQ ... none of my sources have it in stock, So I am sticking to a VERY basic cycle as described above :) I am looking to add in Cyp from Wk 6-10 as well ... dunno yet. Cyp will probably be run at 500mg/wk. HCG and Nolva to follow.

If it was me i would bump the sus up to 500mg a week

If it was me i would bump the sus up to 500mg a week
I think I might just do that ... but then, when I add in the extra Cyp, I am going to be pinning 1g of Test every week ... I have never used more than 250mg pinned per week before ... is 1g not going to be one HELLUVA step up? :worried:

This is awesome! Thanks for this posting.. it's more or less the same stats/boat that I'm in...

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/diet-bodybuilding/its-diet-time-bitin-bullet-742023.html

Weight: 130bls

Actually they are pretty well identical... 'cept I'm a few years older.. check out my thread up there for what I was thinking.. I've decided to eat a bit over Maintenance... which is 3500 cals...

More or less the same deal... but with more food...

3500 Calories:

Meal 1:

2 scoop(s), 100% Whey Gold Standard
0.5 cup, Quaker Oats
0.5 cup, Berries

Meal 2:

6 Large Whole Egg(s)
.5 cup, Spinach (cooked)
1 tbsp, Udo's Choice
1 oz, Almonds (dry Roasted)

Meal 3:

7 oz, Chicken Breast (no skin)
1 cup, Broccoli (raw)
1 oz, Almonds (dry roasted)

Meal 4:

2 Cans of Tuna
2 tbsp, Reg. Mayonnaise
1 stalk(s), Celery (raw)
1 oz, Almonds (dry roasted)

Meal 5:

2 scoop(s), 100% Whey Gold Standard
1 scoop, GlycoCarb
3 tbsp, Gatorade

Meal 6:

250 gram, Sirloin Steak
0.5 cup, Broccoli (raw)
1 cup, Brown Rice (cooked)

Totals:

3550.00 350.00 200.00 150.00

This should be good... can't wait to see your progress... :)

I meant a total of 500mg wk not 1 Gram!
Yeap, with you on that :D but from week 6-10 I plan to add Cyp @ 500mg/wk, which, with the Sust being run @ 500mg already would bump me up to 1g of Test/wk ... couldn't help but wonder and worry a bit :confused:

Top Bottom