Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Keto calories

Arti

OK i have a few questions with the ketogenic diet:

if i did strict keto dieting with cals 500 less than maintainance mon to fri ie ( 1300 a day) with 2 pounds fat loss a week. Then on the weekend uped the cals over maintence still remaining in ketosis ie: uped to 3000 a day just to keep metabolism humming nicely would that make any difference to weight loss: i guess i wouldnt loose anything on those two days but technically i shouldnt gain any right? since if i am not producing insulin then no fat i ingest should remain and should be excreted as converted ketones ... am i on the right track or way off base ... i just dont want to gain on those two weekend days :)

any help would be appreciated : thanks

I'm no expert but 1300 seems like a small amount of cals to be taking in! Also, you should be carbing up over the weekend also else ya muscle is gonna go.

I'll make this short my friend.

If you say: 500 below BMR for you is 1300, in turn, you have 1800cal to maintain. (1800 divided by 12 = 150lb would have to be your weight)
Now that we have an idea of your weight, we can see that upping your calories to 3000 is a good idea for a weekend on paper. But, truly, I have tried this method with no feasible outcome (no increase in body temp. at all). As a result, I would recommend a carb-up that is 5-10% over your BMR, which would ensure a true boost in metabolism and a great supercompensation for your muscles.

Top Bottom