Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Jay Cutler only takes in 170-220 grams of protein a day???!!!

Mike P.T.

It's true. Read it in MuscleMag. I thought it was a typo then they repeated it again. They also pointed out that he takes such low protein intake because that's what works for him. He tried other methods like high protein but feels this works much better for him. Something does't make sense though. His pre-contest meal intake comes about right on the protein part but he says he also takes in the same amount off-season but he eats so many more similar meals that would total alot more protein than he actually states. His carb intake is over 900 grams a day! LOL I think this is just his way of having his competitors fuck up if they try and be like him. Even though he did point out that this is what works for him and everyone has to find what works best for them. Yeah right. He knows people will try it and fuck up. Mwahahahaha!!!

Who knows though. I went on a moderate protein, moderate carb, low fat diet when I was cutting up and ended up losing no muscle tissue. I know I am no Jay Cutler either but with the level of drugs he is using that should make up for it. He does still take in sufficient overall calories. He definately can't be building any more muscle tissue though that's for sure. Damn I dunno. Regardless of how many calories he takes in that's a low amount of protein for a big boy like that. :confused: :insane: :insane: :insane:

Who knows though. I went on a moderate protein, moderate carb, low fat diet when I was cutting up and ended up losing no muscle tissue.

But still 170-220grams of protein isnt enough, there has to be something wrong ??? they have probably just made that up.

-MAX

kingjohn said:
i gave up reading those rags a long time ago. if i knew then what i now know i wouldn't have spent a dime on those fuckin mags. its a sin that they do what they do.....should be illegal. The fda should crack down on them for the workouts they prescribe. They wreaked more havoc on my endocrine system than any drug has LOL

LOL I know. I only buy from Muscular Development now but every now and then I pick up their competition to see what they have. As usual, I see shit!

Wasn't one of the popular magazines that also had an interview with Lee Priest that said he only used like 400 mg/week of primo and low deca as well...yeah right.:rolleyes: The advertising does work wonders though, as half the guys who come into my stores are always asking about muscletech first.

Could be true, remeber that it's the supplement companies selling the powders at inflated prices who push the high protein diet for bodybuilding. More you use, more they sell, that's why i look at all the studies they sponsor and run with a grain of salt.

I remember Dorian Yates stating in the past that he only took in about 300-350 grams per day, and we are talking a MR.O here. He said more was pointless for him. Many others agree, i am among them.

In the 60's and 70's protein powders were not that abundant and tasted like shit. All the bodybuilders of yester year did not have trouble building impressive physiques without excessive protein intake. Between all the meat and fish they ate they propably took in nomore then about 200gm per day. Many much much less.

Mike P.T. said:

I know I am no Jay Cutler either but with the level of drugs he is using that should make up for it.

nah ure DEFINATELY no jay cutler. thats 4 sure lil man ;)

rNg

well I talked to Jay while he was quess posing here and he said that he takes in onegram of protein per lb and ttries and get 8000-10,000 cals a day

This is his typical daily menu:

5 AM
1 packet of hGH Promino Plus AM formula with one scoop L-Glutamine Power, 1 Super Vitamin Pack, 10 egg whites, one cup oats, one banana, one tbs honey, 7 plain rice cake
6:30 AM
Train: 1packet of Complete Creatine Effervescent Power 20 minutes before training

7:45 AM
2 1/2 scoops of ProM3, 7 rice cakes, one can Coke, one cup oats, one small box raisins (33c), one fat free muffin (30c)

9:15 AM
6oz plain pasts, 4 oz turkey breast

11:45 AM
2 cups cooked rice, 5oz fish (red snapper)

1:15 PM
Train: 1packet of Complete Creatine Effervescent Power 20 minutes before training

2:40 PM
2 1/2 scoops of ProM3, 7 rice cakes, one can Coke, one cup oats, one small box raisins (33c), one fat free muffin (30c)

4:00 PM
3 scoops Complete Gainer Power, one cup oatmeal

5:50 PM
4oz turkey breast, 2 cups cooked rice

8 PM
2 1/2 scoops ProM3, 7 rice cakes, 2 cups cooked rice

9:15 PM
Eat Out! Sushi (about 30 pieces of various fish), one 8oz serving of fat free frozen yogurt

11:30 PM
1 packet of hGH Promino Plus PM formula with one scoop L-Glutamine Power, 10 egg whites, 7 rice cakes, one cup oatmeal

The next 2 meals are not every night, but an example of what would be eaten most likely.

2 AM
2 scoops ProM3, 1/2 cup dry oats

4 AM
3 scoops Complete Gainer Power

"And yes this is a typical day! However the above may vary slightly when I am away from home during my weekend trips. "

Top Bottom