Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I want this car. I NEED this car. I would hurt people to have this car!

The IS is faster than the BMW 328. It is also gives only an inch or so in back seat foot space to the 330. So I think you guys are blowing it's size and speed out of proportion.

The Maxima may have more HP but what exactly does that mean? It can beat an IS off a red light? The speed limit is still 55 whether you can go 0-60 in 6 seconds or in 8 seconds so that's not really a big deal. The IS weighs less, is quicker and more nimble.

Plus although I consider the IS to be a very good performer, style outweighs performance in today's day and age.

The Maxima is more money than the Lexus, not nearly as stylish and it uses the leather that after a month of sitting on will be completely creased. Lexus has heated leather/escaine seats (no creasing with these) and everything is power- seats, windows, sliding roof. A better stereo system too. The Maxima is more money but on a lease much cheaper than the IS.

Plus there's no glory in driving a Maxima. Everyone has a Maxima or an Accord. Besides western Nassau County, the IS is not too common. Plus people sweat the IS, the Maxima is a dime a dozen :D

I'm happy with the IS. I did look at Acuras and Audis and BMWs and Maximas, etc. The BMW was the least fun IMO, but I never tried an M3 and I've heard they're more sporty and fun to drive. The 3-series seemed too "hard" to me, like an old man car. My friend just got an A4 which he likes but even he said he likes the IS more and that it's more fun to drive. And as far as Acura goes, the TL is the same as an Accord except the backlights are different and on the symbol, the top of the H is connected to form an A.

If memory serves me correct, you're looking at at around $38K on the Max if you want leather, sports package, etc.

I'm not 100% though so don't hold me to it.

PsychoSkitz said:
The BMW was the least fun IMO, but I never tried an M3 and I've heard they're more sporty and fun to drive. The 3-series seemed too "hard" to me, like an old man car.

Are you sure you know how to drive? The "hard" feeling you complain of is called a fine tuned suspension that allows the car to take turns more precisly and safely than any Lexus. The IS300 is a Camry with a face lift. You cannot even put it in the same class as a BMW 330i. The M3 is has even a stiffer feel than the regular 3-series (because of the tightened suspension) so you may not like experience of "feeling the road" which is absent in the Lexus. Did you drive the 5-speed or the automatic?

If only we had the Nissan Skyline GTR in North America...ahhhh...

And yeah cars/bikes are a big f'n waste of money, but hey.. you only live once.

Freak,

If I can get you to do a year of landscaping at my new place, I'll lease you the car!

Paint the house

Maintain the grounds

Pool cleaning and maintenace

Chemical balance in teh jacuzzi

Rake the beach sand.....

what do you think?

It;s too small for me anyway.

Matt,

Here's an offer. I want the new Lexus SC430 and a small apartment in Ponte Vedra. Get me those and I'll glady landscape.

Deal?

Psycho

Thinking of the SC430 for myself. Can't have two of them floating aorund town now can we??

I just bought a 325Ci BMW 2 door Coupe Steel Metallic Grey. I love it, that shit flies. Actually ask SuperGirl i showed it to her about 2 weeks ago, she lives right near me....

I looked at the IS300 too, but i agree it looks like a suped up Civic. Jaguar just came out with a nice ride called the X-Type for $30,000 i wish i would have seen that first.

M56M

Top Bottom