Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I think I'm officially done with free-weight squats. Anyone use machines...

I hurt myself on SLDL's and have been seeing a chiropracter for months. Although I feel better I still have friggen random days where I have a little annoying pain (not crippling or disabling) in one side of my lower back.

I've begun doing low rep high weight squats focusing on form along with high rep low weight lower back exercises.

So ya I think switch from 5x5 to another rep range with lower weights. My gym has a pretty decent squat machine (non smith) by cybex I think, but still not as good as normal squats.

Definitely, rest is always good. I really believe that sometimes more is less. For so long I beleived that you have to push yourself to make gains (in anything, not only body building) I am not saying that this is not true, but you got to know when to draw the line between pushing yourself and knowing when not to push yourself. (Especially in bodybuilding) This is tricky as it is a fine art knowing when to let up, I get so frustrated with myself sometimes... but there is nothing you can do about it, rest is always good and it lets you come back and fight another day. I actually slightly injured my right pec last week and I had no warning of it coming at all and even then I had to fight myself inside to get myself to rest and let up, so if you have any warning signs take a week or two off... the rest will give you back your strength and in that time period you can assess the situation and see how you are feeling, if its not to bad, you are likely to come back even stronger.

Top Bottom