Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need some SERIOUS HELP!!!!!! :(

getnfit06

Ok, I have been trying for years to slim down with no success. I do great for a very short time then i'm back to poor eating and depressed.
I have been NOT been doing ANY type of exercise whatsoever for a long long time and eating poorly and I look worse than I have for a long time. I just feel really really depressed and need help.
I have such a terrible time knowing what to eat. My most recent diets were atkins and i'd follow induction for 2 weeks then slip up and not be able get back on. I know low carb works for me but Its hard *like all diets*.
I don't know what kind of diet to follow and it's just so difficult to know. I feel such pressure, i want to get in much better shape b4 summer.
I know everyone is going to ask weight and measurements, i'm sorry i don't know those and i don't have a gym membership and can't afford one.
My weight is probably 110-114 my height is 5 ft. I have virtually no muscle tone. I'm 39 years old and female.
I have a treadmill and have walked for 30 min the last two mornings because I didn't have to work and the kids didn't have school, but it is hard for me to fit it in otherwise. It is broke right now, the incline won't go down *my boys playing with it :( * it's stuck on like 10 or something, which is probably gonna be great for my flat butt, haha!!
I need a good diet to follow and someone to tell me exactly what to eat and when...haha. So far today i've had a whey protein shake.
Thanks in advance :heart:

Hello and welcome :)

You are a tiny thing aren't you.

First thing - STOP DIETING

'Diets' how most women think of them don't work. It always implies doing something for the short term, losing the weight you want, and then going back to eating how you did before, and BINGO weight gain.

There are a lot of threads with great info at the top of this forum, I haven't checked for any that relate to training at home with minimal equipment, but we will deal with that next.

With regard to your diet, do you know how many calories you eat every day?

I have the funny feeling you are eating a TINY amount of calories, which is a good way to slow down your thyroid gland and start to have your body canabalise your muscles for energy (your body can turn amino acids into glucose through a iochemical pathway called gluconeogenesis)

This thread has a lot of GREAT info about diet, some derived from the fantastic e-book, burn the fat feed the muscle.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...-training/help-sort-out-your-diet-582178.html

Also with regards to exercise, what other equipment do you have at home? Are there any gyms close to you that are in schools, a bit cheaper, cause really, weight training is the key to having a great looking body.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...lding-training/10-pounds-ugly-fat-581895.html

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...tone-but-i-don-t-want-get-too-big-583600.html

Cardio will help, but it is not all of the equation.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...ardio-queen-may-counterproductive-580116.html

Would you post up what you typically eat in a day?

For example

Breakfast - one piece of toast

Mid morning - piece of fruit, protein shake

Lunch- Salad and chicken

etc, with the amounts if you know them

I assure you I am NOT eating a small amount of calories each day, on the contrary I know I am overeating because I eat until i'm full and and unfortunately stuffed most of the time. I just like eating and eat for comfort alot, when i'm not hungry. I like to snack a lot on stuff i shouldn't "cheeze it's" are a fave and i don't count how many i just eat them until i'm full of em'. I have a real sweet tooth too. In example if i make brownies for the family i will eat 3 good sized ones the night i make them. I am a pig and I realize i look like one now.
I feel I make very poor choices due to laziness and eat too much.
As far as equipment I have a barbell that i hate, some dumbbells ranging from 5 lbs to 10 lbs ea, some rubber band type thingy with handles on each end (which i actually found a good use for this morning) and a bench, and the treadmill.
My diet lately has been, cereal or toast(w/pnt butter and sometimes jam too) the cereal is junky cereal, not fiber one or anything like that, haha.
salad and or leftovers fromthe night before for lunch. I've been eating a lot of chicken thighs breaded w/ porkrinds and fried when i was on atkins induction, sometimes i eat mcdonalds crap, Supper: pizza, roast in the crock, hamburger helper, etc.
Today I had a low carb whey protein shake with 2 strawberries in it, made with h20. This was after I did my 30 min. on the treadmill and some other exercises.
For lunch i had 1 cup of pinto beans and ham chunks that I cooked in the crockpot sunday.
I think i may start posting what i eat but I want to get in shape yesterday, and don't want to make any foolish mistakes and slow my results because I don't want to be fat this summer again. :(
I never know what to eat, when to eat what, how much to eat of it... and on and on.........

Well you are doing well then if you eat all that 'cheat' food and still don't weigh 200 lbs :)

Check the first link, help to sort out your diet, it gives formulas how to calculate how many calories you need.

I like eating 6-7 small meals a day, every 3 hours, it keeps your metabolism cranked up.

There is also a shopping list of healthy foods, and I am sure there are recipes in sticky 'Links to top threads'.

I just read something really interesting in a book on biochemical individuality.

They listed experiments that had been done on both rats and children.

The take home message is that when the diet is optimum, with enough protein (especially protein), carbs and fats, people (and rats) have a tendency to choose healthier foods.

When the diet is suboptimal, especially for protein, then children (and rats) will make poor choices for sugary foods. In the case of rats, they would choose alcohol over healthy food when the diet was suboptimal.

It is all about making small changes daily, and if you have a bad day, it doesn't mean that you have failed miserably, it means you had a bad day, and you start all over again the next day.

Clean up the crap out of your diet first!

Start a food journal here and post what you eat everyday, even if you think something is bad...you will subconsiously clean up your act if you think others will see.

First off - I'd just start with that. You will see results quick if thats they way you truly eat everyday.

Fab :)

Food diaries make such a HUGE difference.

I have a set diet, but I need to check all my calories again as well.

Here is some motivation. Your children learn how to eat by watching you and by eating what you supply. Do you want them to feel like you are feeling when they are older? Of couse not!
YOU are the only one that can make the change. Stop feeling bad for yourself. All it takes to change is to do it. You can do it! Control your impulses. You will feel empowered.
Eat clean and work out. Do it!

Top Bottom