Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

10 pounds of ugly fat

Tatyana

Elite Mentor
Ok so it is actually five pounds of ugly fat, but it does seem that pictures get a point across moreso than words.

The number of times I have heard women say they don't want to lift weights as 'they don't want to bulk up'.

Muscle is not bulky.

fat-v-muscle.jpg

BodyFat_vs_LeanMuscle.jpg

Muscle also will burn calories, whereas fat will just basically make more fat, whenever it can.

If you get the % bodyfat ratio in a lean zone for women, probably around 16-20%, when you eat, the insulin response, which basically stores fat in the form of triglyceride, protein in the form of amino acids, and carbohydrates in the form of glycogen, will direct more of these nutrients to muscle, not fat.

19495.jpg

If you are in the situation where you find you want to lose some weight, consider what sort of weight you want to lose.

Just dieting will more than likely end up with a smaller, but still as fat you.

bodyfatb.jpg

A 150 lb woman with 20 % body fat is not going to look the same as a 150 lb woman with 30 % bodyfat. So stop focusing on the number on the scale.

Women have less muscle than men to begin with, and that is because we are constructed differently, and we have a different sex hormone profile.

Unless a woman takes male hormones, steroids, she will never look 'like a man' when she trains with weights.

Most of the pictures that women see of female bodybuilders are when they are in competition condition, which means their bodyfat is at the minimal amount they can achieve (usually under 10%), and they are dehydrated.

All the prep that they do for a competition usually only lasts for about three days.

You will also lose muscle with age, unless of course you train with weights.

It is basically use it or lose it.

Below is a CT scan of two thighs, one is a younger woman that trains, the other is an older woman that doesn't train.

The center white circle is the femur/thigh bone.

The red is muscle.

The yellow is fat.

Check out the difference.

There is also no such thing as just 'toning' the muscle. You either build it up and have it, or you don't. There isn't anything else there besides some connective tissue, ligaments, fat, muscle and skin.

You choose which one you would rather have.

d082-1i.jpg

D082-2i.jpg

Last edited:
know what thrills me? I am under fat according to the percentage charts!!

I know how hard it is to ignore the scale numbers..I am willing to bet I am one of the heaviest thin women at my gym even....I get scared of the number 200 on the scale but I am as equally afraid of 170 because that seems to tiny to me as well.

I can ruin my entire day by getting on the scale tho LOL Pathetic, eh?

I don't like the term 'underfat'.

Most women under 20% could be classified in the lean or athletic category.

Comp condition for women is under 12%.

Tatyana said:
I don't like the term 'underfat'.

Most women under 20% could be classified in the lean or athletic category.

Comp condition for women is under 12%.

Yeah ACSM lists woman under 22% as Athletic.

Top Bottom