Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need a GOOD butt workout... please

• Thread starter oicu812 - chargeback
  • Start date
O

oicu812 - chargeback

okay... I'll be honest here... I have always had a case of the gone ass :bawling: ... I am 5'10", 125lbs... I go to the gym four days a week. I do mostly cardio, and squats and I also do these things I call butt crunches (i am not sure the exact name-- I am not good with that kinda stuff) I do them every night... 4 sets of 25... and I really focus on using my butt to raise myself up and hold it. I have always wanted a nice butt (much like mrspuddles--- nice butt:D)
Any suggestions?? any help will be much appreciated.... Please keep in mind that I am not very good with all this lingo and terminology I read on here... although I am learning ALOT>>> i just hardly ever post... mostly I read...

I was wondering if you ladies had a workout you could recommend to me... Please...
Thanks....

I would think Walking Lunges would be a good idea for glute work, you can also hold DB's if it gets too easy.

Perhaps doing what you're doing...SQUATTING...only doing them HEAVY for LOW reps, as opposed to a "feel the burn" set.

When you say low reps... about how many do you mean? The only problem I have with doing heavy weights on squats is I have horrible knees... they have been known to give... I guess that is what I get for having such long ass legs

Ironically I'm trying to figure out how to get my glutes to atrophy b/c they are rock hard (well, :) under a little extra fat), but too big for my porportions.

Absolutely definitely what made my glutes hard (& grow, but I'm an easy-gainer, did high volume & ate tons of protein - so this is unique to me) was DEEP SQUATS! Heavy (to failure in 5-6 reps).

I was training to do Olympic Weightlifting & that style squat is what I did - feet slightly wider than shoulders, toes out a bit, when in the 'hole' (bottom of squat) knees way out over toes, maintain your arch at lumbar spine, chest up, etc.

You can try mixing in front squats too - that should definitely make a hard butt!

oicu812 said:
When you say low reps... about how many do you mean? The only problem I have with doing heavy weights on squats is I have horrible knees... they have been known to give... I guess that is what I get for having such long ass legs

...check your form.

So many great butts seem to just be BORN that way, but I believe they can also be MADE. It just takes a lot of work and time. I've been severely lacking in this area, but slowly and surely I am growing a bona-fide BUTT! I've got genetics against me, as my parents both have "aspirin ass" - flat w/a line down the middle. I'll never have a JLo butt, but now there's definitly a nice hump back there.

The following will all help: squats, stiff-legged deadlifts, regular deadlifts, lunges, sprinting, running stadium stairs, plyometrics, and single-legged leg press. I noticed the biggest improvement when I added squats (real ones, not Smith machine) to my routine.

Muscle is what will give your butt size and shape, so lift in the heavy muscle-building hypertrophy rep-ranges (like 8-10 reps) versus the higher "toning" ranges.

You mentioned knee problems, get your squat form correct before attempting anything heavy. Also, have a spotter on hand. Are you doing full-body (inc. legs) training other than what you mentioned? - "I do mostly cardio, and squats and I also do these things I call butt crunches..." Weak knees are often the result of weak legs. Even if you have certain body parts you want to focus on, it's very important to train your whole body to avoid strength imbalances which lead to injury.

Last edited:
When you say low reps... about how many do you mean? The only problem I have with doing heavy weights on squats is I have horrible knees...
Low reps: 5-6 is good. Anything under about 8 is "low" IMO.

Yes, check form & build up to high intensity - all the while carefully monitoring your joints.

Great post, FF - indeed the knee problems could be due to leg weakness. Remember that strength training increases strength of ligaments & tendons too, so it can help solve the joint issue, rather than letting joints hinder you from strength training.

Unfortunately with simple physics, long legs means squatting a heavy weight will be that much more challenging for you (just leverage)- but you can still squat a weight that's heavy FOR YOU!

I actually found that letting my knees go out over my toes (a big "no-no" in every fitness instructor convention I'd ever attended!) was MORE comfortable & just felt more natural! The Olympic Lifting that really irritated my hip joints didn't bother my knees at all (which are sometimes irritated from hi-impact aerobics & running if I do it too often).

Make sure your knee tracks properly - middle of knee cap should be in-line with your second toe.

Top Bottom