Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i know there is no such thing as toning

JDid23

but tonight when i was hanging out with a friend, the subject of lifting came up. We once had an argument about "toning" (not going to put this in quotes anymore cuz it will get annoying) and he said that doing hella reps can tone you, and i said toning is a result of a low bodyfat % and gave him an example of people in our grade... However, he still thinks that you can tone the shit out of muscles by doing a lot of reps, and when i said that if you want only strength to stick to 3-5 reps, and size to stick somewhere around 8-12 reps, he said ok but you can still tone by lifting a light weight a lot of times. I then brought up how the muscle barely even gets worked if you can do so many reps so it won't tone you

anything else i can bring up scientifically that will make my point seem more valid? just curious not only for the argument, but also want to know

Thanks

Ask him this: What does tone mean? I looked it up on google: 'give a healthy elasticity to; "Let's tone our muscles"'. so...what does that mean now?

You put 1 and 1 together to make 2. It's really simple and should end with common sense lol. How can you even determine the % of "toneness" in a study? You see a lean guy, you can see his muscles. You see a fat guy, you can't see his muscles.

I just thought of something about the high rep thing. If he believes high reps of an exercise will get you LEANER.. hold on.. let me clarify this a little better: LEANER as in less body fat, it's kinda true? Do as many sets of squats as you would with curls with the same intensity and frequency and I'm sure you're going to see some fine fat loss. But...your legs aren't going to be the only thing that get "toner", the whole body is going to be "toner" as well!

Sorry for being a smartass, don't take anything personal, I just got into an argument with my parents about this shit today lol.

hahahhahaha that's funny as hell that you got into an argument about your parents with it..!! i agree with you completely, and thanks!

yeah lol they are so ignorant about anything when it comes to how the body works, working out, and nutrition

Top Bottom