Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

**How to widen shoulders and thicken neck**

Audio8

Hey,
I'm a fairly slim guy. I'd like to broaden my upper body, near my shoulders and also thicken my neck out a bit. What sort of lifts/machines and muscle groups should I focus on? Thanks.....

Heavy upright rows once a week. 3 sets for 4-8 reps. In six months, you won't be dissapointed

I don't know if this is what you want to hear, but that comes with gaining lean body mass. Weighted chins will help your width. Do heavy compound movements and don't worry about working your smaller muscles until you have a 'base'.

I remember wasting my time on concentration curls, calf raises, forearm stuffs. My arms didn't grow until I stopped doing 'arm' work and did squats, deads, chins, military press and bench. And that was about it. Every so often I would throw in some other stuff, but those hit the main groups and allow you to add some muscle.

And none of this 15 sets to failure crap. I also never really saw gains until I stopped short of failure. Remember: you want to stimulate, not annhilate. :)

Oh, I also saw you put in there 'machines'. Don't. Period. They take out your stabilizer muscles, and really don't allow you any functional strength. Only free weights, and heavy. Lift big to get big.

Bent Over Rows
Deadlifts
Clean Pulls from mid thigh
Weighted Pull-ups
Seated Shoulder Press with no back support. Do both varieties front and behind neck.

Basically stay away from the machines and do exercises that are high in neuromuscular recruitmant.

Top Bottom