Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how to keep a chunky chic montivated?

tiger88

well i am very much into bodybuilding and i dont mind eating the same things day after day and doing an hour of cardio either, but i have this frined who is FAT and she wants to start exercising and eating healthy but she quits every time......i am nice to her and all and I never say anything nasty to her, but how can i tell her to stick it out? or is she a lost cause?

any tips for having her stick to it ? or is this all up stairs in her head?

Lots of people, perhaps most, begin in fits and starts.

Only she knows whether or not she is a "lost cause." If she has questions, answer them. But remember, it's not your responsibility to change her body or supply her with motivation.

tiger I have the same situation....Ive been working with her and over-seeing her programs and she continually fails....then she stops everything and yet keeps asking me for more help...Ive basically told her Ive had it, and that I cannot help her any more...one last thing to get her diet into something she can control and seems to be motivated about, is going all veggie/ and juicing to loose this fat she has aquired...so the "juice-man jr. showed up...maybe thats what it will take...I dont know..at my witts end!!!

I used to weigh 170 and at 5'4" tall, that's heavy! What got me motivated to start was seeing my parents go thru preventable illnesses at a young age & die before 70.

I started slow. I just walked, that's it. Didn't bother changing the diet. Everything else fell into place eventually & it took me a good year or so to "get into it." She needs to get herself into a place to help herself. If she's truly unhappy then it's up to her to change. You can't do it for her. Maybe she's trying to get into it too fast, have her back it off a bit & see how that goes.

I agree with Makedah that most people begin in fits and starts. The hardest part for most people is patience - with the process and with themselves.

Even if we could acheive absolute perfection in our diet and training, our bodies still need TIME to change and adapt. Push too hard or too fast, and our bodies (and minds) will fight against us.

The trick is to stay under the radar. One small change at a time. Eventually the changes will add up. It's not a race. How fast we get there is immaterial. Even if we stumble a few times, what really matters is just staying in the game.

Makedah and I are apparently thinking along the same lines.

You cant motivate someone. The motivation has to come from within. Sure, you can temporarily fire someone up, but when you see them continue to fall down and not carry through its because they arent internally motivated. So chances are she isnt ready to commit to a diet/exercise routine.

A workout partner can do wonders for people with motivational problems. A personal trainer would be a great if she can afford one. A partner who has similar goals would work best.

It's really hard when you want something for someone MORE than they do! I've been in that situation many times and you are the one who usually gets worn out over the whole thing.

You can't control other people, but you can control yourself. YOU are the best motivation for her (and others for that matter). I've given others lots of "great" advice...but it's the 6 inches between their ears that will dictate if and when a real change will take place.

Nate calls me the Moses of fitness because I'm always talking to people (especially women) about lifting and encouraging them to make a change. "Follow me...come and change your life...pick up this barbell and pull your little heart out."

Despite the lack of committment that others have, I STILL encourage them, check up on them, talk to them, and offer advice to those who are receptive.

I guess you could say that I care...but I'm NOT going to lose any sleep over it.

Nonerz said:
It's really hard when you want something for someone MORE than they do! it.

that is the way it is .....i have told her it is up to her to make the changes...and i told her it is a lifestyle not just a 2 month fix ....

thanx again for all the advice.....

Top Bottom